[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Am I just a miserable old s.d? I don't want to go to any Carers group - I WANT to be me. I want to travel again, I want independance again, I want freedom again, I want time to myself. Please tell me if I'm being selfish.
<t>If you believe your Mum isn't sound in her mind, then this would need to be confirmed by a Psychiatrist (referred from her GP).......Otherwise, the Law considers her to be sane & she can change her Will as she chooses (even if she's being pressurised by a con-man or SS).<br/> <br/> The Mental...
I know to be fact that the NHS reduces or adjusts its budget taking into account Charities funding. If a charity provides a service the NHS drops that service, despite 1948 NHS law. ==== OP asked what changes I'd make .....I'd stop Child Benefit. Parents CHOOSE to have a child = yes they do, the Pil...
If money from the sale of your Mum's home was used to effectively provide her with another home, i.e. garage conversion, I don't think the Council can take the money back. They have to prove that you deliberately used her money in order to avoid care charges. I'd go along with other posters - conver...
If there were some traumatic events happened recently (can be few years back) and/or your daughter is under extreme stress, it is a condition called Disasociation which will ease off. Not that I know much about it, but isn't Disassociation what a layperson would call a "split personality", whereby ...
<t>[quote]<br/> <br/> I have also applied for Council Tax reduction.<br/> <br/> /quote]<br/> <br/> <br/> My mother's Psychiatrist wrote to the Council on her behalf and she is now EXEMPT from Council Tax on grounds of severe mental impairment. <br/> <br/> Council are aware that I live with her but a...
Quick update........I have still heard NOTHING from SS......Psychiatrist has told GP by phone that he disagrees with me bringing her home.

Her stroke Consultant on examination this week said he's very pleased with her physical improvements and care at home & doesn't need to see her again.
Information in these links refers to agreements before the election.

Under the new Con/Lib government I think anything that's gone before is unreliable, almost defunct, and we have to wait for new rules & regulations.
finally had mine. what a complete waste of time. the socil worker who called out, had no idea of mental health issues. told her the problems i have, told her how each day was and she said you do a great job. she asked me what help i needed so i told her,that i need some time to do other things othe...
Leaving MCA for a moment, I would think the Carer has a legal Duty of Care to try to dissuade the suicidal person, but if it looks like that would fail or Carer believes the situation is too much to handle, then the Carer should inform either the Police or Ambulance, thus passing responsibility onto...