[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>[quote][/quote]<br/> <br/> I don't know anything about Safe Guarding Team, but plenty of experience of Social Services making decisions on behalf of vulnerable old people....in my case they repeatedly quoted the Mental Capacity Act (selecting isolated clauses as it suited them) <br/> <br/> I had ...
<t>Thanks so very much susieq for your reply. <br/> <br/> Mum's "incontinence" over last few weeks is more like diarrhoea...she can just make it to the loo, but then it spurts out...(even if she only goes for a wee) >SORRY FOR THE GRAPHIC DETAIL!!!!!! Doesn't flush away, but sticks to side of pan......
Is it at all possible that your mental health issues are the cause of some of your son's problems?
<t>"They" don't take it seriously because they know there's absolutely nothing they can do. <br/> <br/> To medics, a person has to present themselves with a problem. The PD person doesn't know they have a problem. To quote my GP: "only the sane present themselves for treatment".<br/> <br/> It's a ve...
<t>Over last 3/4 weeks she's become incontinent. It's easy to say "oh, it's the dementia".<br/> <br/> But at times she's been in tears with pain....GP has taken two blood tests & now referred for a scan as he says he can feel "swelling in her bowels".<br/> <br/> Can anyone throw any light on thi...
[quote]PDs are newish condition in mental heath - if I remember correctly, it has only 15+ years history and its study is only begining in the UK. It will take a long time to be recognised properly but there is national scheme which again will take time to be implemented. My personal (& truly horrif...
<t>I seem to have upset a few people with my comments, and I'm truly sorry.<br/> <br/> I think it must be a postcode thing again, because where I come from PD is not classified as mental illness per se, but a collection of behavioural issues.<br/> <br/> My mother has a PD - Narcissistic, Borderline ...
How old is your son? I assume as you've been caring for him for 21 years, he is now technically an adult, and I'm surprised his Psychiatrists/Consultants etc. include you in his assessment - confidentiality and all that. I know a little about Personality Disorders as my mother has one and it's extre...
and could not move because they would lose their accommodation. The shadow energy secretary told BBC1's Politics Show: "What he is saying to whole parts of the country is: 'we have no hope as a government of getting work into your area so you are going to have to move out of your communities'. And t...
I hope carers who handed in the petition gave Cameron an ear bashing about what it's like to be a care in the real world! I think this is unfair, David Cameron for all his money knows personally what caring is about. Are Carers' issues just about lack of money? Then it's very important to say so, b...