[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Obviously the legal point is to prevent someone from gaining control/influence on the dying person's finances & assisting their death for personal gain. I went through all this with distant cousin who showed up after 20 yrs when Mum was dying to a new-found friend of mother's appearing shortly befor...
<t>Thank you....now I've found the missing cyber links ......I've been working with computers since v. early 80;s thanks to always working for multi-national companies but last couple of years technology has leapt ahead at a pace which left me behind. <br/> <br/> Mum died. We were expecting it.....n...
Hello, I think my post's got lost....I'm not new but was on this forum few years ago when caring for Mum with dementia. She died in Sept 2011 & although I thought I was coping, recently feel overwhelmed with it all. Thought I'd pop in & see if I can support others going through the nightmare I'm re...
Hi Susie, Sorry, but I reposted my post 'cos I thought it had got lost!!! My GP surgery says "oh, if you've been a carer you've neglected yourself da di da during that time...we must do tests...." NO, I scream, I'm fed up to the back teeth of doctors & TESTS.... NO, NO, I didn't neglect myself then ...
<t>Hello,<br/> I think my post's got lost....I'm not new but was on this forum few years ago when caring for Mum with dementia. She died in Sept 2011 & although I thought I was coping, recently feel overwhelmed with it all. <br/> <br/> Thought I'd pop in & see if I can support others going t...
Hi,
I'm not new & was on this forum few years ago - I was caring for Mum until Sept 2011 when she died & thought I was coping well but recently feel overwhelmed by the feeling of no=one needs me, so thought I'd pop in here for a chat.
Jessie
<t>I think the term "Carer" is too too generic; different illnessess, different ages, different personalities and relationships.<br/> <br/> For my part - would I care for another relative with dementia (having recently lost my mother through this after 24hr caring for 3/4 yrs), then, YES, I would. I...
<t>Somehow - and I truly don't know how I did it - but eventually I "opted out" of mother's continual demands. I'd say "oh", "ah", "oh dear", "sorry", etc. etc. and focused my thoughts on whatever it was I was doing. <br/> <br/> If it got unbearable, I'd write her a note in huge print, and pop to th...
<t>Throughout our turmoil I knew Mum had donated her brain for dementia research - this based on her interest in research through her laboratory work & herbalism over many many years - and this has now been accomplished; we'll get reports within next 12 months.<br/> <br/> However, I said to the ...
<t>Hi everyone<br/> <br/> Mum died on 22 Sept. <br/> <br/> So glad to have had this forum to rant at over the time.<br/> <br/> All I now feel is huge relief it's all over, and huge anger at family members who want to come to the funeral but who apparently couldn't care less for all the years I've be...