[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for all responses. It seems I have a sort of pioneering employer going the extra mile to reduce managing paperwork etc. We have to do the log in /out bit on separate mobile phone app but I totally agree that records should be available with the client for authorised family/POA, client, GP D/N...
I've worked for a very good care company since I bagan caring for my Dad and have come across several others along the way from both sides of the fence and all have recorded their daily reports in client folder for clients to view. My employer is now using a mobile phone app not visible to client un...
Agree with Sally 100%. I had to deal with dad telling me he wished I was dead one day- and believe me this was not Dad speaking which fortunately I recognised at the time although it was still hard to take and keep going. No one said dementia was easy- Keep giving yourself a reality check that this ...
Ji Johnathan I found my carers allowance stopped immediately and I also used the one stop service. I wasn't expecting any more and had finished all the administration side of probate, then 18 months later I received a surprise cheque for 8 weeks worth of Carers allowance for the period following the...
I had to smile Paul, your Dad is still worrying about you even if it he has a strange way of showing his parental responsibilities! It reminded me of Dad watching me in whirlwind mode with no sleep chasing my tail and telling me that I need to sit down more or I will make myself tired. Have a fab br...
Have you thought about Power of Attorney for finances so that only you can authorise expenditure?
Hi Martin I don't post so often on here any more but I felt that I needed to reply to you as I was in almost the reverse position so I can really identify with you. I cared for my Dad with dementia for his last 10 years or so once he needed more help with various ailments. I lost my mother at a youn...
Obsessions, selfishness and lack of empathy-dementia. Dementia is NOT all about forgetting things.
It is never easy to "care" for anyone with dementia but you need to find a way of managing your own responses to stay sane.
Hi CIDVP So sorry to hear of your situation but a word of warning. Please if you and your husband are both under 60 it is important to realise that the family home could be sold to pay for any residential care that FIL may need in the future. If he has Alzheimers there is a good chance he may need r...
If grandparents own the house then yes the house could not be sold if uncle lives there and is over 60. You mentioned the council taking the house- if granparents are council tenants then completely different rules apply but if you ment social services taking hgte house to pay for care then it shoul...