[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Michael Welcome to the site. I've recently discovered Dad has a fracture in one of his lower vetebrae apparently since 2009 but no one told either of us until a recent x ray after a recent fall. No wonder he has had back pain on and off . The hospital showed me old x rays where it clearly showed ...
Hi Scally Exactly, that's why carers don't stay put for long. I'm glad to have a break from 30 years in the rat race. I mght look around for something else later but for now it suits me. I'm kind of viewing it as an early retirement. My Mum passed on at 56 and I don't intend rotting in an office and...
I'm kind of on both sides of the fence here. Principally I care for Dad and consequently gave up my job. To earn some extra pennies and fit in with my own workload allowing flexibility etc I also started doing some agency care work. I've employed carers for Dad, all lovely people and I work with lov...
Hi Anica Welcome to the forum. Caring is a learning curve and this forum will be enormous help. I think I am still learning but like you a stubborn father has never made it an easy process. You need to get your head around the fact that you Dad looked after you and told you what to do when you were ...
Sorry if most of you know this but earnings limit is now £102. 00 per week rather than £100.00. I know it's a trivial difference but if you are like me constantly watching earnings don't exceed the limit it is helpful to know.
https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility
Just thought I'd give a progress report or should that be a lack of progress report. I've set up my Stakeholder Pension plan with a regular direct debit and facility to pay additional amounts into it as needed by BACS transfer. I have sent off my last wage slip and confirmation of pension and intend...
Dad's blue badge arrived yesterday and we tried it out last night - front row view in Branksome Car Park with the golden sands and sea just a few feet in front of us beyond the prom. Lovely. Dad is nearly 90, had major stroke , fell down the stairs and broke his leg, CKD stage 4 and only just allowe...
You could start with a carer's assessment for your Dad or you?. Ask at your Local Adult social Services. They will be familiar with this sort of situation and guide you in the right direction.
Hi Owen
Flu jabs are different! You definitely should be entitled to a free flu jab so make sure you ask at the surgery and let them know you are a carer.
<t>Hi Owen<br/> I doubt that you would be able to get susbsidised or free prescriptions as a carer- no doubt someone will corret me if I am mistaken, but what I can suggest is a NHS pre payment certificate. You pay approx £100.00 up front and then you just show your card and tick the right box on th...