[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I work in the industry and have met many well meaning over friendly carers who simply do care and are the touchy feely type, however you are quite entitled to approach her manager and if you feel it has not been resolved to your satisfaction you can raise a "safeguarding concern" about the situation.
I've just changed my job and nearly finished training but not sure whether I will be able to start as I have asthma- that is to say on various occassions I have had a bad cough and been prescribed brown and blue inhalers regularly for years and get a flu jab. Awaiting to hear where I stand re not ha...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=powder+free+gloves&ref=nb_sb_noss_1 They still seem to be available on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUPVOX-Disposable-Waterproof-Painting-Dish-Washing/dp/B07VSZY7G6/ref=sr_1_41?crid=QEF7QGGP6RRD&dchild=1&keywords=plastic+aprons+disposable&qid=1584516023&sprefix=plasti...
I doubt volunteers are vetted. I think it is just a neighbourly thing from very kind people. People coming together in a crisis, some of the modern rules may just have to go so be careful and report anything you are not happy with to the group organiser or the police but remember everybody's resourc...
"How about Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive"?"

Yes that would be my choice BB

or Satisfaction by the Stones- as in "I Can't get no...."
I hope this "inequality" doesn't put off male carers from the profession. There is always a shortage of male carers so hang in there and moan at your schedulers!
If social services or company they contract are doing a clean sweep to get all their belongings back talk nicely to them if you want to keep anything. I hung on to a door step for the patio door which has a big drop, a key box and a grab rail in the downstairs loo and by backdoor.
Hi Londonbound It all takes time, I'm 2 years post careing and have spent the first year getting most rooms decorated and lodgers in. The 2 hidden rooms are my bedroom where things are piled sky high and the office/private lounge which hasn't been gone through in years. I',m concentrating on that th...
Yes I did and it felt like a really big deal at the time. I agree many things are best sorted out up front and you need to balance the pros and cons. Do you love your job or would you be quitre happy to leave and have a new focus in life. If you pay for professional care will the funds run out and y...
Hi Sheena I don't post on here that often these days but I felt so much of your post overlapped that I must try and get you to see things differently. My Dad passed away 2 years ago at the age of 91, almost 92 so I usually round it up to 92. I lived with him and cared for him through years of variou...