[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Unless what you've asked a careworker to do contradicts prescribed medical advice for your caree the careworker is obligated to do as they are told. If the careworker says what you've asked is counter to the way they've been trained (such as not turning someone who is bedbound) then you need to c...
Step on a crack and break your mother's back? The pavements where I grew up were series of cement slabs, as in many cities. If you stepped on one of the cracks between the slabs apparently this put your mother in some danger ... I wonder what the origin of many of these common sayings or nonsense be...
Rosemary, The one I heard was that thunder was the sound of angels bowling ... at least they were having fun http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif I used to live in an area that had a lot of hills and a lot of thunderstorms. My home had a screened outside porch. Whenever there was a big thun...
The word "fair" has certainly taken on a new meaning to me. It makes me cringe.
<t>Unfortunately, people dying alone and unnoticed is not a new phenomenon. Even though my neighbors are friendly, gone are the days when people just popped in for no reason. Everyone is working, or travelling, or busy watching tellie, or something other than having the time for casual social intera...
<t>This site was the first place I knew that there were other people in similar situations to me, it was a godsend. I don't post a lot now, but I do check in and read what's going on a few times a week. It keeps me from feeling alone because my "normal" friends don't understand, they try .. but they...
Tell your daughter to shove her guilt away "where the sun don't shine." Look at this positively as it may turn out to be just the motivation she needed to shed some unwanted kilos.
<t>Can you get either the GP or Consultant to refer your husband to the palliative care team for your area? <br/> <br/> Your husband may have anxiety, sounds normal to me given his condition. Most doctors are quick to dismiss someone who is suffering from anxiety, especially once they've exhausted a...
<t>Excalibur,<br/> <br/> Not sure what you are implying by "not all carers want to be paid." When I went to my local carer's support organization I was encouraged to apply for Carer's Allowance, even though at the time because I was on JSA I was not entitled. (I'd been made redundant from a company ...
There are people that seem to live without a conscious or any sense of morality, they cheat any system or anyone any chance they get. IMO the media and now the current government have a lot to answer for because they are responsible for much of the negative attention about any of us receiving any so...