[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Eileen,<br/> <br/> I know exactly how you feel because I feel the same way. Although my husband was critically ill at one point, he's now able to get out of the house and he could talk for England. His friends only see a sociable man who enjoys his daily visit to the pub. I see someone who can...
<t>Hi Ewa,<br/> <br/> It's normal for you to feel the way you do, don't worry about how you feel.<br/> <br/> It takes a long time to recover from a brain injury and it's really too early to tell how much of your husband's behaviour now might be permanent. Your husband most likely senses that somethi...
<t>Susieq,<br/> <br/> "And, yes, I get totally p*ssed off when she goes on about their 'next' holiday - 2 so far this year with at least 1 more to come in the Autumn - in total the one week I managed in the last year cost me plenty - the cost of my own break; cost of putting cat in cattery and cost ...
<t>I don't have an issue with a task force aimed at finding benefit cheats. Where it all falls apart is that I bet the task force itself has a £££ target and will be deemed a failure if they don't find enough fraud to achieve their target. Hence, people who are entitled to benefits will be deemed fr...
<t>Hi Jean,<br/> <br/> You put it very accurately for me, "their diagnosis is your's". <br/> <br/> I don't know if there is a special support group for people dependent on ventilators, but I do know that many people with lung disease require noninvasive ventilation at night. My husband has very seve...
Diva, Care workers are contract workers and paid by the job, so if they can't attend to your uncle they do not get paid. That means that they get stuck with the cost of mileage and petrol for their car and no pay. They aren't paid much in the first place, so a little understanding of things from the...
<t>Dispy,<br/> <br/> Both my parents were cremated and their ashes scattered at sea, per their wishes. We were given a document telling us what day the ashes were scattered and the coordinates. They didn't want a place that anyone would go to mourn them. I think that's a consideration for anyone rea...
<t>Callie,<br/> <br/> I agree, get an assessment done anyway.<br/> <br/> I don't frequent FB very often, but what REALLY gets to me is when people ask, "how was your weekend?" It's all I can do to manage a polite reply of "okay" .. and I'm sure at times my attitude shows through. Worst is when the p...
<t>What angers me the most is the Care Quality Commission. It is a waste of taxpayer's money and completely ineffective. Too ignore several reports of abuse from a highly trained staff member is horrifying. If a BBC reporter can go undercover and find out what's really happening, what is the problem...
<t>Rosemary,<br/> <br/> Overall, the quality of carers we've had has been very good. It sounds like the agency supplying carers for your mum has a very poor training regime for their staff and little/no supervision. <br/> <br/> If it's not possible to switch to a different agency, then you need to b...