[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
My husband was pretty much the same and tried to hide everything from me, unsuccessfully. If the doctor asks how he's feeling he is always "fine", even though it is not true. Most of the time I have to interject and explain why he is not "fine." The result is everything happens at crisis point. For ...
Happy Birthday! I'm 60 and get carer's allowance. The ages when you are eligible to receive a state pension have changed, I am not entitled until I'm 61-1/2'ish. It's much longer http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_cry.gif than you think until you can collect your state pension and your CA goes away.
Well, that's the problem with the NHS too and missed appointments. IMO the NHS should charge for any patient that misses an appoint without a legitimate reason, that would bring in some more money in the budget.
<t>I'm only grumpier than I used to be with my caree, my husband. It's not because I blame him for becoming disabled, it's because he refuses to do anything to help me or help himself. I blow up at him and then for a day he'll help out, but than it's back to me being the live-in servant. <br/> <br/>...
<t>I volunteer one day a week and absolutely love it, wish I'd done it sooner. I work with adults who have acquired brain injuries. My sister has an acquired brain injury, so that's why I picked this particular charity. I'v met a lot of lovely people and have a great time with them. <br/> <br/> Ther...
<t>Audrey, I think your response to Maxi might be a bit harsh. Sometimes it's hard to remember that the written word often fails to convey the full meaning and even more often the intent of the writer.<br/> <br/> The way I read Maxi's post was that sometimes the people who post infrequently are moti...
<t>I adore Chistmas. I love an excuse to decorate the house with all manner of shiney things that would be considered tasteless at any other time of year. I'm not so keen on Christmas Day itself, that often feels quite lonely without anyone around but the grumpy husband (my caree). Even so, I don't ...
<t>My husband's two daughters are exactly the same. They are "too busy", although both appear to have an active social life. All my husband would like is a quick phone call every couple of weeks, but apparently that's to much to ask. When he was gravely ill and expected to die they phoned constantly...
Tony,

All I have to say is that be very careful about looking at anything on youtube that comes up when you search "how to unblock a toilet."
<t>... on the mower. I had no trouble with the staring cord until this week when I had to restart it after filling it with more petrol. Then, suddenly it was too hard for me to pull out in one smooth stroke. I'm not exactly a small little thing, so something has happened to the blinking mechanism.<b...