[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Paul,<br/> <br/> Definitely try and get a care assessment, if you haven't already. <br/> <br/> I understand exactly how you feel - "been there and done that", as the saying goes. In my case I for my husband, who like your dad is becoming more dependent over time. Don't feel guilty about how yo...
<t>If the numbers of useless careworkers are increasing it's because it is a hard job, with low wages, no benefits and agencies that don't give a stuff about the careworkers they employ. It's one of the few "industries" that are hiring in an otherwise poor economy with few jobs. So, people that woul...
<t>I'm definitely getting blackout linings for my bedroom curtains. I've been tracking when I wake up every morning and it's been within a few minutes of dawn every day. I've never slept through the night and having the sun make it worse is something I am not going to put up with this year.<br/> <br...
Hi Beck, Tony's portable does not have an alarm. It's the type that's filled with liquid oxygen, so there's nothing to beep. He changes how much oxygen is delivered by how he's feeling, so it does not last a specific amount of time. You can tell how much is left by holding it up by a special "ribbon...
<t>I love the idea of posting a job advert for my vacant position as a carer. It made me smile.<br/> <br/> I do things for myself, but I try to work them around my husband's routine. He does not mind if I go out, it's him insisting that he has to go to the pub as usual that is the problem. And it's ...
<t>Hi bowlingbun,<br/> <br/> Thanks for your suggestions. I'm okay in terms of help and aides for my husband. He's actually on NHS Continuing Care and I declined having careworkers to help him with his personal needs. I've had them before when he was very ill and although it was great at the time I ...
<t>Thanks everyone. Of course now I feel guilty because my husband is unwell today and most likely starting a chest infection, argghhh.<br/> <br/> Anne, you hit the nail on the head. No one but other carers understand that your caree is always on your mind. My husband still talks as if he's tough an...
<t>This morning I ended up screaming at my caree, my husband. Every day I take him to the pub to see his mates, which is the only time he gets out of the house and his bed. I know it's important to him. I've delivered him there and picked him up every day for the past two years.<br/> <br/> Easter Su...
<t>Bowlingbun,<br/> <br/> Several years ago I was told my husband was near death and so I read everything I could about the dying process, mostly in order to prepare myself. (My husband did not die.)<br/> <br/> I can't remember the source, but one of the writers said that people seem to choose when ...
<t>You might benefit from joining Al-anon, it's for anyone close to an alcoholic. <br/> <br/> Husband #1 of mine was an alcoholic and Al-anon was great support and I very helpful in terms of advice. <br/> <br/> I know you are in a very difficult situation, but I'd say that you cannot keep bailing ou...