[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Not sure if this post is in the right section of the forum, however here goes.<br/> <br/> I have been wondering about the future of the NHS and to be honest, from a carer's perspective it does not look to bright. I think how often I have had to dig down in my pockets to provide care and not a sin...
<t>I care for my mother who has schizophrenia. I have been a carer for 11 years and also try care for my brother who has learning difficulties, its been a tough journey because I am having to do this by myself and my mother has lost contact with relatives. I have no family support either although my...
Well thought out Poem. I like it, deep from the heart.
<t>Hello Londonbound<br/> <br/> Sorry you have been having such a difficult time as a carer, but you certainly are right in that unpaid carers really have it tough. I am amazed how you have found the strength to keep fighting for your loved one and yourself, it surely is an inspiration to me. All I ...
I find that talking to friends usually helps me cope especially on the bad days, other times I just go for a walk, besides its good exercise anyway.
Welcome to the forum. I have a son with SLD and an elderly frail mum, currently in hospital. When I was ill, my son M moved away from home. After a few different places he now lives alone with support, coming home alternate weekends. Do you get much help from family and friends in providing care?
Thanks all for the warm welcomes. I am glad to be a member of this forum
Thanks for the welcome, this forum seems very active. I have been to many carers sites and forums and this one has many carers replying and posting on the forum. I wonder what has made it so great.
<t>Hello Everyone,<br/> <br/> Thought I should introduce myself a bit. I am new to the carers UK forum and have been a carer of someone who has mental health problems for 11 years, on top of that I am the also trying to care for my 2 brothers suffering learning difficulties. I am the sole family mem...
<t>This is interesting on the amount of burden carers face. Whats the biggest influence in the cause of things that affects carers?<br/> <br/> Money?<br/> The health service?<br/> GPs?<br/> Hospital staff?<br/> Treatment teams?<br/> Carer services?<br/> Government?<br/> Family?<br/> The sufferer or ...