[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Welcome to the forum. I read your caring experiences and I must admit I have gone through some of what you have experienced. Its so easy to feel guilty as well, you are after all trying to do whats best for your mother. It is such a shame your sisters could not help just a bit more, but then maybe y...
Thanks for sharing :)
Sorry for being slow to reply. Usually the culture is that if the patient does not give consent, then health professionals will not want to fully discuss problems with patient services, this is basically a tug of war between the health services and the carer. Sometimes I can see the reason why patie...
This is a very difficult issue what one has to ask who benefits? I myself am a carer for someone suffering mental health difficulties and I dread the day when capacity becomes far less. I forsee I will have to manage affairs, but then the law steps in and ignores my pleas, because they state my care...
Thanks Bowlingbun Usually the carer coordinator does the carer's assessment, the last assessment done by them was very bad, they did not use the proper form and used blank paper and for good measure they started playing psychiatrist and accused me of doing something to cause my caree to be hostile t...
No need to apologise for coming across my post. Luckily I have managed to secure a meeting with the head of the CMHTs for my borough, nice person who I have met several time, but I am sure they think I am a bit of a thorn in their side. The problem I am facing is the old confidentiality problem due ...
Hello Tilly Your situation goes to show just how difficult it is trying to cope as a carer. Your heart and mind is pulled in many difficult directions and all you want is for things to get better or return to a state where everything was ok. Your post shows how important carers are not only within t...
I have been to many carers groups. I have been a carer for around 14 years and some groups have been rather helpful, while others might not be for me. I care for someone suffering mental health difficulties and also try help out caring for my 2 autistic brothers, however both brothers have home help...
I am sometimes not too surprised when an MP has to get involved. Its a shame the MH system is like a maze to navigate to get some support. I hope the MP can make quite a difference and I admire your determination to get the support and help.
Thats great advice from Huegatort.

I would also like to add try seek advocacy help as well. Usually their might be some carers centers in your area or you could try the Citizen's advice Bureau on what might need to be done before the benefit changes hit too hard.