Tracie, hi, like Frito, I don't know your situation (only that it's bad bad bad for you...), so if you can outline it for us, then perhaps we can at least give you possibly a different perspective on it, help you get some kind of handle on it??

Jenny.
<t>Sajahar, a friend of mine is married to a vicar, so the issue of 'why does God let people suffer' always comes top of the list of 'tough questions' she gets posed. She herself had to nurse her very demented mother right to the end, getting depression herself, and holding down a full time teaching...
<t>Tracie - deep breath. Make a cuppa, or stronger. Eat something sweet and sugary. Watch something nice on telly, if that's possible.<br/> <br/> Say that you'll something about the situation tomorrow. Not tonight, it's too late. <br/> <br/> Let your mind freewheel, do what it wants (even if it's ho...
I agree, not emotionally healthy. Arguably, one might say the same of all religious organisations I guess!
<t>To be fair, it can also be desperation that makes them behave so controllingly - ie, they are terrified of being abandoned to their problems, and want to try and ensure their 'guardian' stays 'on duty'.<br/> <br/> Arguablly, the root of all controlling behaviour is fear of abandonment. <br/> <br/...
Yes, the 'I'm ill!' is very often a pretty transparent ploy, to avoid doing something they don't want to do (I'm too ill to move!). I wouldn't respond. Just say something encouraging like 'Well, the doc warned there would be bad days and good days, and that over time you'll feel stronger overall'. D...
It sort of leaves unfinished stories, doesn't it? Hope she was Ok - she was in a pretty difficult situation, poor soul.
<t>Another possible strategy is for your mum to move in first, make it all 'homely' and then your dad can follow. You can tell him that it looks daft for his wife to be in one house, and him in another.<br/> <br/> Do I get the feeling your mum might actually LIKE a little break from her husband?!!!!...
<t>No, you're definitely not on your own. There are loads of us here! (We'd all probably rather not need to be, but there you go!)<br/> <br/> If your mum is with you as well, is she then looking after your dad while you are at work, is that the situation? Where was your dad when he was taken back in...
I've belatedly seen the date of the original posts - I hope Polka Dot is OK, and found a way out of this very dangerous relationship, and that her young man is receiving the medical help he so obviously needs (and getting some support from his family as well.)