I wonder if he's conscious of the difference in his behaviours?! I see this in a more dilute form with MIL. If she's in her room when I collect her, I get the 'Oh, thank God, thank God you're here! Thank God!' as if I'm rescuing her from the Titanic. But if she's in the lounge with other residents, ...
Hi, and welcome to the forum. I know how gruelling it is to have a long-distance caree, as this time last year I was endlessly driving up and down the M6 from the London area to Glasgow, where my MIL lived, and could not longer cope on her own. I must have gone up and down about twenty times, and cl...
Philip, hi - that is grim. Sounds like you need a helping hand. This forum is great because so many people here have already had to cope with what you are facing, and therefore know the best way to go about getting help for you dad. Do bear in mind that the time may be approaching when only speciali...
I also sense a sort of Catch 22 when it comes to dementia. For example, the ONLY reason my MIL needs 'someone else' to cook her meals, help her dress and bathe, do her laundry, see to her paperwork/bills etc, is that she suffers from a degree of dementia - her brain condition causes her inability to...
Helen, I do hope things are a little 'calmer' this morning, and are less scary. It does sound like he needs considerable psychiatric help right now, and that you need a breathing space. I'm not sure what the legal situation would be if, say, someone who was 'sectionable' - ie, by definition NOT 'com...
Your parents had better hope they never ever need care or consideration from their children......
OK, so basically one hires a solicitor to bring pressure to bear on the health authority denying that continuing care is necessary, to get them to accept that the patient needs medical care, not just 'residential care'.... Then presumably one ends up paying the solicitor, but that costs less than re...
Maybe you should take your mum into schools to do 'live history lessons' for them!!!! :) :) :)
Levi - hi - I don't quite understand this - what did the company do, and who is paying the care home fees, and did the company charge fees for its services? I don't really see what is going on here???

It sounds a bit 'too good to be true'?
Well, let's hope those well meaning 17 year olds learnt their lesson, washed their hands of the grumpy old folks, and shimmied off to have fun amongst themselves!

It does show, though, how vital it is not to lose the ability to entertain oneself.