<t>Um,what would happen if he did? I assume there is some process the social services go into in such cases - ie, when the caree doesn't want to be in a home and their family won't take him out. Does he get made some kind of ward of court, and then the SS access his savings to pay for his care?<br/>...
<t>WW - how about if you look at the upcoming op as the turning point in your life? You've spent so long dealing with 'other people's needs, now it's time to focus on YOU. And, hopefully, with your upcoming op, and that all those who need you will just have to do without (yes, they will!), once you'...
Quickanswer - don't suppose you could give him counterfeit notes, could you? He might not know the differnce - plus it would really serve the thief right! (You might need to warn the police first, though!!!)
<t>I won't do a big long screed this time (perhaps later!) but just wanted to say at this point that I had a total hysterectomy a few years ago (again, like you, for a dodgy ovarian cyst) (having lost my own husband to very late diagnosed cancer earlier, plus that my paternal aunt died of OC, I wasn...
<t>One of our members here, Bluebird, was a student carer. If you read her post in New to Caring, you will see. And there's another member who is still a student, and also has a mum she has to care for - I'll check her name for you.<br/> <br/> The whole subject is a bit 'hidden' isn't it, students w...
<t>Hi, well, I've heard quite a few definitions of 'mean and selfish' but I can most irrefutably say THEY DO NOT DESCRIBE YOU!!!!!!<br/> <br/> OK, I'll call it the way I see it from your post (others may see it differently, of course, and this is just my untutored personal opinion, from just a.n. ot...
<t>Hmm, how much does this place cost? Is he self-paying, or is the council paying?<br/> <br/> I could say glibly and utterly unhelpfully, well, you get what you pay for and you don't get what you don't pay for, but the real issue is: is your dad getting value for money? ie, is all the fees paid for...
<t>I would agree with crocus on this. Stepping back, or away, just to give yourelf a bit of an emotional 'firebreak' between what you feel, and the person who is causing you to feel it, I think is good at this stage.<br/> <br/> I know that there is all the patient confidentialy stuff, which can be a...
Isthisit, how are you doing? We've had a rush of new members, and the previous ones have slipped down a bit.

Hope things are a bit more positive for you now.

Kind regards, Jenny.
<t>Pitpony - hi - how are you doing? We seem to have had a lot of new carers arriving, and you've slipped down the board a bit? <br/> <br/> Are you managing to get more of a grip on things now? Do hope that posting here has helped for you, even if only to sympathise and encourage you.<br/> <br/> Tak...