[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I don't know the answer, but if in doubt, keep all receipts! Even if they are 'mixed' receipts, with some items for you yourself, at the end of each shopping trip just circle anything that is not you, and put the receipts in an old shoe box or whatever. Then, if you DID need to tot everything up, yo...
I am glad the doctors do seem to be trying to get to grips with the underlying problems. I hope that they are also consulting 'sports medics' etc, as, having been a pro rugby player, there is no doubt that the game takes a toll - just in terms of the bruising etc that even a strong body receives ove...
Karen, hi and welcome - but what a HORRIFIC situation you are in. And just terrifying that this seems to have happened simply from a cut on the foot...... (though maybe there have developed non-related problems, but even so). Would I be right in thinking your twin problems are (a) practical support ...
EU rights re free movement have created, probably inadvertently, but here all the same, an updating of the Elizabethan problem of 'vagrants'....where villages and towns would continually 'move on' all the 'poor' who turned up, homeless and unemployed, so they landed on the next village/town on the r...
"the social problems we all NOW have will still take a couple of generations to solve." I wouldn't disagree with you about British citizens....but non-Brits CAN 'go home' (all ofthem, as in, inclluding disabled wives).... The bottom line is that we are only 'our brother's keepers' if we are stuck wi...
I think you and your sister should sit down and draw up a list of what help your mum now NEEDS, and what she only 'wants' and see how it turns out.

Your list may be different from your mum's!

But comparing the two should give you a practical handle on what should happen next.
good point, yes, she 'used' to be independent! That said, it's great that she WANTS to remain as independent as she can, because there are old people who are only too eager to 'collapse' all over anyone else (usually a put upon middle aged daughter - statistically speaking!), so that she does want t...
"when the work dries up , go home again ?"

Er, yes.
"Under EU Law ... yes "

Yet one more reason to be a Brexiteer.....so we don't have to house anyone who isn't a British citizen. We can't even house the British, let alone anyone else.

Idiotic.
My thoughts are with those seasonal , agricultural , workers over the border in Lincolnshire. Nothing but bad news ... and a real human crisis brewing ... lack of work , even the zero hour contract variety / inadequate " Housing " ... partly converted farm buildings / travel ( Many 10 - 20 miles fro...