Sadly, it might be. The problem with dementia and mobility is that even if the person can still retain the physical strength to stand up and walk, their poor brains lose the ability to know HOW to do that. This has now happened to my MIL with advanced dementia. On some 'good' days, she can still sta...
Sarah, sorry if my first post sounded 'mercenary' - ie, just about inheritance and so on!. But it really is a vital decision to make, if there is any 'inheritance' involved, as decisions now will very very materially affect you for possibly the rest of your life! The point about starting with the mo...
I agree with NHSh - Also, bear in mind that a lot of these voluntary orgnaisations are run by, or take on, horrible 'Jobsworth' types who, quite frankly, are far too bossy and martinet actuatly to be employable in a real job (ie, no one would pay them money!), and they do tend to gravitate towards v...
Sarah, hi and welcome. Tell us a bit more about the circumstances. Two main questions. WHERE is your MIL (in her own home still, or moved in with you and your husband)? What money/property does SHE have? These are vital questions. She can't be penniless, as she has her OAP pension presumably. Is/was...
Irene - it seems to me that if Jeremy Corbyn wants more than the youth vote (eg, by promising to scrap student loans and cancel any already taken out!!!!!), then he could win over the entire middleaged/old vote by promising to rebuild and reopen COUNCIL residential homes....... I also think that ANY...
What mobiles phones for the elderly need is a 'dial tone'!!! That's what is SO confusing about them. You need something that simulates picking up a phone and hearing a 'dial tone' and knowing the 'line is free' so you can 'dial your number' etc. In other words, they need to be as much like 'real pho...
Yes, I agree with Mrs A. It's vital to keep things as normal as possible for your son. He is the most important person in this situation. it's sadly all too easy for the 'invalid' to 'take over' but that must not be allowed to happen (hopefully your husband doesn't want that to happen anyway - thoug...
PS - the purpose of you walking out and NOT being in the house when she is returned, is simply to prove to the SS/GP whoever that she CANNOT 'live on her own', even with a care package of outside carers coming in. ie, it's to PROVE that she HAS to go into a nursing/residential home now, for the rest...
Diane, pack a suitcase and go. I really do think this is now your only option. Take as much money as you can find in the house (you have earned it!), and go, if you can, to stay (temporarily) with your partner, and, if not, with any friend, or even maybe a homeless shelter, or B and B etc. My point ...
David that sounds better all round. I'm sure that IF (and I do mean IF!) 'push comes to shove' during labour, and you change your mind about the C-section, then of course you will be able to have one, ie to change your mind THEN. And again IF, if you don't change your mind, then, yes, you and your f...