[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Laura - tha's great news! But why wait till 2020? Why can't you move out and start your OWN life 'right now'???

What are the practicalities holding you back at the moment?
This is a strange sort of relationship, isn't it? I appreciate that his mental faculties are failing now, but you've been involved with him for a long long time - may I ask if HE has ever thought of himself as 'in a relationship' with you? In other words, has he accepted your involvement as not just...
Care-workers, like fruit/veg pickers, not to mention nurses and doctors!, will probably be offered some kind of 'vital job' status to stay in the UK. If the EU care-workers DO exit however, AND the government doesn't just ship in hordes of substitutes from non-EU countries (which they probably will,...
Mark, that's bad news indeed! can you remind us whether he would be self-paying if he went into residential care, or if the council would have to pay for him? If the latter it's clear why they've sent him home - cheaper! However, if he does not have dementia, and even if he is self-funding, that rai...
Do you ever just tell her bluntly - Mum, you are here because I can't look after you any longer at home, you're nearly 90 and you have to be here because there is no where else for you to be. And now, put up or shut up or I leave - so there! If you didn't want to be here you should have died earlier...
NO couple should ONLY have a joint account - far too dangerous! I've heard horror stories of it being cleaned out by a partner about to head off with someone else. nightmare. A joint account for joint bills etc, but a personal account of your own for your money .....from which you then pay into the ...
Dear Jas no child should EVER have to be their parent's carer - and not even now that you are 'grown up'. It is a perpetual shame of the state that ANY child carers exist at all. That said, of course they do exist.... Firstly, can you tell us a little more about what is wrong with your mum, and why ...
Once someone is a UK citizen, then they are entitled to everything else a UK-born citizen is entitled to - can't see any problem with that! And specifically, not being deported! What it does mean though is that we must be cautious about who does become a citizen. But nor should we ever tolerate the ...
Jolanta - my mum spent her life telling me the same things over and over again! One develops the ability to say 'hmm,' and 'yes,' and 'poor you'..... I wouldn't try and 'argue' with her. I'll try and reply at length on your other thread (which maybe the mods will combine for ease??) but I suspect yo...
Karen, it's perfectly normal (and understandable"!) to want (a) everything to be 'all right' again and (Ib) to run away! When my husband was first diagnosed I felt we were like we were in a car heading blithely along 'The motorway of NormalLife' looking forward to all the 'usual thigns' (we were act...