PS - do 'anonymise' yourself, as the only sections of the forum that require you to log in to READ the posts is the Members and Carers Health sections. Otherwise 'anyone' can browse this site (eg, 'anyone' can read this that I'm writing now). It may 'feel' private but it isn't, so don't use real nam...
Once you have logged in (having first joined the forum), then it's easy to post - either click on 'new post' if you want to start a new thread (as you have successfully done with this one!) or on 'reply' if you want to join an existing thread.

Good luck!
I'm sorry to hear your dad is back in hospital, but it does sound, at the moment, that that is the best place for him, especially if they can finally come up with a reliable diagnosis. As for the financial gen, do search the CUK website, not just the forum, as there is a lot of 'proper' info up ther...
Hmm, I didn't realise you were quite so badly affected by FM. (My niece has it, and she has 'bad days' but she mostly can function pretty well overall). If you are wheelchair bound, then you are de facto disabled, whatever name the medics call it! I take it you have to be on PIP etc, if you are that...
Alison, only a thought - do you think your son himself feels 'safer' when he's been sectioned? I was wondering whether this terrifying latest attempt might be to STOP him being discharged? Do you think he actually fears his own suicidal thoughts? That he WANTS to be in hospital, being 'safely looked...
I'm sorry to hear that. However, his blaming of you is absolutely not on. You did your best in moving to a small village, and he should acknowledge that you were attempting to protect him from what would inevitably have been his being drawn into city gangs, had you stayed. For whatever reasons, he C...
ARE you 'in a relationship' - or are you just a cook/cleaner? The other way to look at this is to say 'what does HE bring to the relationship'? If you are 'just his carer', then you haven't GOT a relationship. He is your patient and you are his nurse. And you DO have a right to a life of your own, i...
PS - ironic he's so Untidy! My (very mild) Aspie husband was WAY tidier than me! He liked order and predictability and control.

I'm far more chaotic (much to his irritation!)
Sadly, you raise issues that apply to all those who partner up with someone with 'mental health' issues (and for sake of concision, if not accuracy, I just 'bung' Aspergers into MI, even though it isn't as such!). I guess it may boil down to elucidating WHAT he CAN control, and what he CAN'T. For ex...
The longer you 'live without him' the easier it will get. It will become 'the new normal' after a while. I do think, most strongly, that whatever your 'ultimate decision' about whether to live together again or not, PLEASE make sure this 'gap' is sufficiently long for you to know that you COULD live...