Paul, it seems to me he goes into 'parent mode' when you are out. You call it 'interfering' but to him it's 'being in charge because he's looking after you as you are a little boy and he has to look after you or god knows what will happen!' Do you see the difference? I don't pick up that it's about ...
Congrats to your cats!!!! (I'm sure any cat that loses simply assumes the judge was an idiot.....!) (My bro once put his feisty little dog into the local dog show. The judge very ill-advisedly wanted to see his teeth. He bit her. He got disqualified and expelled in disgrace. Dog was very pleased wit...
I wonder if the plumber isn't keen on the Japanese toilet notion because they are tricky to install and he lacks experience? Folk tend to recommend what is least effort and they are best at!

Just a thought. ??

(Also of course, they often don't like having their expert advice dismissed!)
Sounds like a really good idea. I do lots of 'bed exercises' before I get up in the morning, to stretch and warm my legs up etc, and I do find it helps. My husband did likewise for his chronic back pain. Can you reward your wife with a nice cup of tea in bed! (That's a luxury I ADORE - being brought...
Chris - can't disagree with a word you said! Wish I could, but you are spot on.
Helena, I personaly feel your priority is to do whatever it takes to make your life just a little, little bit easier. And if your husband is happier with sweets and sweet carbs then why not?!!!! Surely he's entitled to 'enjoy what he can' at this time of life, with all his other health problems - an...
If it's 'human touch' we need not in the literal sense (ie, 'touch') but more like 'compassion' etc, there is a famous example in very early computer days of a program called Eliza (I think it's after Eliza Doolittle). Bascially the program's function was to 'counsel' people, in place of (very expen...
Well, I don't think we ever really believe it's going to happen to us, do we??!!! I mean, how many of us, here, have set aside the £40k a year we'll need for care home fees, etc etc?? It's a bit like contraception - 'crossing our fingers and hoping we don't get pregnant' is I'd say the standard atti...
Not sure if it's accessible, but in the Times today (free from Waitrose!) the 'problem page' (with Tanya Byron) is about this very subject - a parent with dementia becoming very verbally abusive and aggressive. There isn't much practical advice (sigh, what can there be, after all?) but the explanati...
I can't answer in the slightest over ODing on Oxygen (or on retained Co2), but I'm wondering whether YOU can manually 'fiddle' the feed at all, so that she is getting a little less O2???? Just a bit to start with, and 'see what happens'. If you see her agitation easing off, that would give you a clu...