[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Jayne. hi and welcome. Honestly, if we all had a fiver every time one the forum members says 'my mum/dad doesn't want any outside help' we'd all be rich!!! Exasperating, isn't it! (I tried to organise someone popping by my MIL in the evening to make her dinner - she wouldn't let her in the second ti...
Stephen hi - this is obviously a very personal issue, but one of the things often recommended (out of compassion) on this forum is the strategy of 'kind lies'..... Whilst yes, of course, telling the truth is 'best', sometimes, for the sake of our loved ones nearing the 'sunset' of their lives, the k...
The whole issue is heartbreakingly sad.
My MIL with dementia had a DOLS on her - because she kept wandering off from her care home (she was trying to get back to her old home, or me, or both....so, so sad...) I agree with Sally, it didn't mean I was excluded. however, my MIL was self-pay, so maybe that makes a difference??? I didn't have ...
I could, with reference to the article you quote say, for example: 'This woman probably has family in Roumania' (or wherever her citizenship is based) 'Roumana probably has some kind of healthcare system, however poor in comparison with the UK's' (simply because it's a poorer country?) 'Is there any...
Again, this boils down to the toughest ethical question of all - Am I my brother's keeper? What obligation DOES anyone in the entire world owe to another? Do I (I speak now as a taxpayer funding the NHS and the Benefits system) pay for this woman's health care and housing? And if so, why this partic...
Glad the meeting went well. be very careful about moving her money around. nearly everything will count as 'deprivation of assets' and won't be allowed. I know for a fact they won't allow you to pay into a funeral fund for her, or set aside any money separately to pay for a funeral. I was told this ...
We are 'standing by'! As we've all said uniformly, you are in an unsustainable situation, and a 'long term solution' has to be found for your inlaws.....! I know it's a worry that your husband is in hospital currently, but at least he is 'off your hands' for now. Your MIL sounds irritating, to put i...
lyn, i'm a big believer in 'firm love'. it's not as 'tough' as tough love, but the purpose is the same. It has to be an ABSOLUTE condition of her continuing to live with you (does she?) that she sees a doctor and gets and accepts psychiatric help. The problem with any one with mental illness of any ...
Nikki - hopefully the moderators will separate out your post so you have your own thread, and your posts won't get muddled with Laura's. The important person right now is your daughter, facing A levels and her whole future. Great she is considering uni - has she heard back year from any of her appli...