You need to sort money as a priority - make sure you get your fair dues.
Yes, it does sound like the end of the line.... To be honest, if you look at it this way, he has given you the perfect 'out'.....ie, HE has chosen to end the marriage. Had you been the one to do so, at any time previously, you would have felt guilty for 'abandoning' him. But now you can walk away to...
It's crucial you don't jeopardise your studies. Do you feel that, given more time, you can meet the course requirements? ie, now that your mum needs more of your time, you have less for your studies, but if the deadlines for essays and so on were extended, could you still get them all done (eg, inst...
I agree to let the medics etc tell her, not you. Also, yes, say that it is only 'until you are better' - stress that it is a nursing home, a convalescent home, etc, rather than a care home for the elderly. However, if she is being as nasty to the nurses as you say, and refusing to cooperate with the...
I agree that incontinence is, grimly, par for the course with dementia at some point in this horrible disease. But I think there is a difference between going 'unawares' of what they are doing, and actually 'hiding' the resulting product! It's the idea that one can 'come across unexpectedly' a piece...
Yes, it's a brilliant idea! Clever, but quite 'compassionate' as well. :)
Paul, re accents - I'm assuming your dad speaks English with a distinct (and distinctive!) Welsh accent? There are some English folk who would find it hard to understand that!!!! I wonder if he is particularly sensitive about 'women's work' such as doing the laundry, since he had to bring up you and...
Hi and welcome - I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. That said, the medics attitudes towards metastatic cancer has changed enormously, and now patients are far less likely to be 'written off'. Instead, the metastatic stage is treated aggressively, ie, with a view to maximising lifespan, maximising...
Sadly, you don't need me to tell you this is a totally unacceptable situation. The reason humans have strong 'taboos' about our digestive system end products is simple and brutal - they are a health hazard! Even in this day and age, when ghastly killer diseases like cholera are hardly ever found in ...
HB - my MIL definitely 'wandered with a purpose!' She had one overwhelming purpose - to get the hell out of the care home and back to me (or her old home). It was desperately sad Someone I know told me their father with dementia was in a care home that catered for such 'wandering with a purpose' (no...