[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi - Whilst I don't know about stroke specifically, I do have experience of something similar to what you are going through in respect of cancer. My husband had terminal cancer and went into 'end stage' quite 'suddenly' (traumatically). He ended up in hospital, unconscious (just about) and his consu...
Stephen - bullies smell fear in their victims! it is Beyond outrageous that this man actually comes to your home. Please make a list of all the thigns he's said and done to you (take a photo of him at your door if he comes again). record all his phone calls. Also, I would say this is harassment - ??...
"don't forget that many BTL landlords do not let to benefit claimants " that's because of the government's well-intentioned but totally idiotic decision to make benefits claimants manage their own finances instead of paying the rent direct to the landlords. yes, it was 'supposed' to encourage claima...
Let her give it a go - she may abandon it! the main thing though, as you've highlighted, is that YOU don't get to 'pick up the pieces' when she decides she's had enough, or use you to do the 'heavy lifting' part of caring! on the bright side, it might work out brilliantly! I would enjoy the 'honeymo...
"I don't think that whether you are paying or not comes into being consulted (or certainly it shouldn't do).2

I agree it shouldn't - but sceptical as to whether SS etc might 'deliberately' shut one out so they can make 'cost cutting' decisions!!!!!!!
Ps maybe something to look out for, ahead, is that once the memory book and collages are 'done' that there is 'another project' waiting for her to get engaged in. Is there also something you can BOTH do as a project? One old standby, of course, is sorting out the family photo albums! (This may alrea...
Yes, that does sound good - and a lot more uplifting. I would hope that if she has shown previously that she 'goes off' a place/staff, that you can learn from that, pass that on to the new staff/carers etc, and to 'head that off at the pass' etc. keeping her 'diverted' is great - the memory box idea...
Stephen - they are now coming up with yet another way to rip you off! Of course they can't have nine months fees up front. Outrageous. report them immediately. better still, get your mum out that hellhole! the manager is clearly one of lifes NBC (Natural Born Crooks!) - he's dreaming up one scam aft...
Lyn, you mention PTSD so was there a specific incident or period in her life when this all started to get a malign grip on her? I'm 'mildly' OCD myself, and I know that the 'trauma' that 'kicked it off' was losing my husband to late diagnosed cancer. Nor surprisingly, my OCD now takes the form of tr...
Who cares for the carers is a big problem! Can you remind me if yo've posted elsewhere as i'm pretty sure I did post an answer to you 'somewhere'..... My own take is that your priority is your daughter, because, hopefully, this time next year she'll be at uni and 'fledged' - and getting her to that ...