Brilliant, Mrs A. Spot on! :)
Sadly, whatever the child's age, she can't be allowed to be the way she is! If they don't want to sedate her because of her age, then surely she should be isolated/removed etc. What on earth happened to the poor child? All quite ghastly....... But one patient cannot be allowed to be disruptive and d...
Hmm, it does sound like dementia is setting in. Maybe the way to differentiate is to think back to how she was, say, not just two years ago, but five to seven? What was she like when was, say, 75? If her behaviour is very similar to then, then you might have logical grounds for assigning a 'differen...
Why on EARTH can't they simply sedate the aggressive patient! Good grief, if she's settting fire to things she's a risk to others as well as herself. This is insane (literally!). Put the poor wretched girl 'under' with 'downers' or whatever, or at the very least put her in some kind of modern 'padde...
You know, I suspect your son DOES know this is going on, but either doesn't want to say anything in case it makes things worse, or is scared to do so, or is trying not to think about it. Personally, I would pick a moment and tell him something like 'I know Dad is being very volatile at the moment, b...
Ok,. so glad she's 'calm' for now....be on the ALERT for her manipulation. If, say, she says to the carers she doesn't need them, then you MUST just say to her, firmly, that in that case, you will be leaving the house as well. Tell her your bag is packed and you are ready to walk out tonight, or at ...
PPS - I don't think, by the way, that you should ever try and 'justify' yourself to your mum, or even 'explain' why you are doing this now. The reason is that, as a Controller, she will try and 'twist' your words. For example, when you say 'Mum, you and Dad never let me strike out on my own and earn...
PS - something that might help you mentally prepare for her arrival is this. Why not sit down and write a letter to her, telling her all the things that (a) you've done for her and (b) the wrongs she's done you. The first draft will probably be hightly 'jumbled' - it may just 'flow out' (and then, a...
That's an excellent point. Never forget that the strategy of a 'controller' - as your mum is, and also you dad (what a pair!!!!!) - is to 'isolate' their 'patsy' (that's you). Cut them off not just from any chance of independent life - you've described how your parents kicked off the MOMENT you trie...
May I just ask if you have considered Hospice at Home care as an option - IF it is available via your local hospice charity (not all do provide at home care) (sadly). I had hospice at home care for my husband some years ago, and it was excellent, and SUCH a boon to have my husband live out his life ...