[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello, Elizabeth. I just joined the other day, and feel like I've settled in. Welcome. Image
<t>Sorry, I posted a reply to Myrtle but it disappeared. I probably did something wrong.<br/> Trust me, Myrtle, I too am terrified. At least Mum sits still - the dog is a bit lively.<br/> Years ago the district nurse used to visit every day when Mum came out of hospital after her first hip replaceme...
<t>I don't think I could inject myself, BB. I know people who do - my daughter's friend does it every day. I always thought that if you did have to inject yourself they gave you plenty of practice first with an orange until you felt confident. This was at about 11.30 last night, and they more or les...
<t>We had an interesting day yesterday. My daughters and I spent the day with my parents, did some housework, had lunch together, a fairly usual Saturday. I went to change Mum's compression stockings (she had leg ulcers a while ago) and found her left leg very badly swollen above and below the knee....
<t>You are right of course, Myrtle. Mum has always been so ridiculously healthy. I can't remember her ever having even a bad cold, and she and Dad never took time off work sick. She had triple heart bypass at the age of 76 and was sitting up in a chair the next day. It came as quite a surprise to me...
<t>Thanks for the welcome. I stumbled upon this forum by accident. Mum had a sudden deterioration a couple of weeks ago, and I was searching for info about it. I didn't realise that a simple infection could have such a big effect on someone of Mum's age, and I found reassurance in a post on this sit...
Just an idea, but I settle my parents down with their lunch or a nice pot of tea and a cake, and then take the dog out for a walk. She loves it, my parents are happy because the dog is well, and it gives me a chance to get some exercise and fresh air. Winners all round.
<t>Hi, I'm Florence. I was made redundant three years ago, and couldn't find a new job for a while. I started to visit my parents more, and realised that they were struggling. My mum had muscle weakness - she had suffered with arthritis for years prior to this - and heart problems. Dad was her carer...