[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Helen, It’s really got to stop, don’t you think? Look at it from the point of view –if this was an elderly neighbour, no relation, who was demanding all of your time and attention and refusing to make any effort, what would you do about it? ……..Exactly! Just because this lady is your mother doesn...
Hi David, If an elderly person, (thinner skin), spends a lot of time in one position then they are in great danger of developing pressure sores which are very painful and not easily healed. I would think that an air mattress is to help prevent such sores, not just to aid when they have already devel...
Hi Beth, I am no expert, have no experience or training but wanted to share some thoughts with you. I wonder if the root of all this is that your Mum, having brought you and your siblings up on her own, and then had her dad to care for, suddenly found herself (in her own mind) un-needed and unwanted...
Oh well done, That was a subtle and non-confrontational method, I'm with you -hate any kind of confrontation, which means I don't complain when I should. Trouble is, when I 'lose my rag', I really lose it. It's very rare that I start throwing things though!
Keep an eye on things -just in case.
KR
Hi Mark, I don't think you have said how old you and your parents are? It is relevant. For instance, when it comes to giving up work, are you about to retire anyway? If not, do you expect to walk back into work when your caring role is over? That is NOT easy. If so, then haven't you any plans for yo...
Hi Fiona, Circumstances have landed you in a very difficult position which is having a dreadful effect on you. There’s no ‘almost seems’ about it. Caring for Mum has taken over your life and your home. The decisions you have taken regarding her have all been with the best of intentions but it’s not ...
Herbert, I wouldn't take this on alone. I would go to see your bank and also take advantage of a solicitor's 'free half hour'. If you are convinced that this debt does not exist then it is either a 'con' or as previously suggested an identity theft. Not something to tackle on your own. Maybe the pol...
Hi Hannah, You are very welcome here. Sorry to hear about your BF’s MH problems. Did all this happen suddenly or has he had this kind of anxiety since you have known him? How old are you both? I have no experience and no knowledge so I’m answering you from a sort of common sense point of view. First...
Hi David, My sympathies to your wife and yourself. It's been a hard time. Do you think the funeral is upsetting for her? (Of course it is but for more than the 'usual' reasons?) I wonder whether your wife would be more comfortable reading one of the many beautiful poems associated with the passing o...
When a carer didn't do the job she was suppose to do at my Mum's I was so cross I wrote on their notes myself, contradicting theirs. However it was a carer I didn't know well and she was never assigned again. Perhaps it was 'not on' to make my own comments and the other carers noticed and made apolo...