Hi Linda, You certainly have a lot on your plate. I found this on line Although most people with MGUS will never experience any symptoms and remain well, being told that you, or a loved one, has MGUS can make you feel anxious or uncertain. Our Support Line team are just a phone call or email away if...
Hi Alan and welcome. Taking laxatives which produce ‘copious’ results is not a good idea but there are much milder remedies. I suggest that you could talk to the pharmacist who usually deals with, and has a record of, any medication your wife is prescribed. They might suggest an over the counter liq...
Hello there, Well either that social worker was a complete waste of space or had no training in how to interact with people in a stressful situation. To give them benefit of the doubt they may have been trying to express concern for you and the amount of help you need and probably 'assisted living' ...
Hi Linsey, How has this happened? Remembering back to when my Mum did her LPAs with me as her attorney, I had to be very precise with this legal document. I understand that you thought you were signing the document to agree to be Dad’s attorney jointly with your step sister as ‘back up attorneys’ sh...
Hi Jim, It’s like quicksand. You put one foot in because someone ahead of you is beginning to sink up to their knees. You are shouting ‘Turn round, grab my hand’, but they are too scared, too stubborn, too embarrassed, too unware of the danger they are in and the danger you are in because you are tr...
Hi Ruth, So sorry you had to go through this. You know that ‘coffee grounds’ means blood, don’t you? Did the doctors explain to you why he was vomiting blood which has been half digested in his stomach, which is why it looked like it did? Whatever the reason, it appears that they have stabilised him...
Hi Jess and also Julian, Jess- I hope everything is working out for you. It’s been a couple of months since you posted so did you find something to do and feel better? Apologies for responding to someone else on your post but in case it helps both of you ------------ Julian-First of all my sympathy ...
Hello Gill and welcome, It’s a very hard time, when you realise someone you are close to probably has not much longer to live. I have dealt with the death of both my parents and remembering the stress and panic about making decisions in the aftermath of my Dad’s death, and, not being able to do any ...
Hi Sarah, Are you very familiar with the terms of that Power of Attorney? I think you must mean Lasting PA (LPA) rather than Enduring PA (EPA) as EPA was replaced by LPA years ago. If you and your sister are both Dad’s attorneys then there are words like ‘jointly’ and ‘severally’. Jointly means you ...
Hi Gloria, Welcome. So sorry for your loss. One of the biggest ‘shock surprises’ I had when my Mum passed away after many years of caring taking up most of my time, was that I was ten years older! Sounds daft doesn’t it but many of the activities I had pushed aside to do ‘one day’ were no longer fea...