[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi WDD, Can't help with deputyship. but from my experience of looking round and choosing a Care Home (which I got wrong) the most important thing is the staff. You are looking for a good ratio of staff to residents, a policy and experience with dementia residents and a kind and caring attitude. Also...
Hi Caroline, Welcome to the forum. Well, yes, I’m sure there are carers out there who profess to enjoy the role. I think we have even had a few on here but for the majority of us it is not something we find easy. Even those of us who have a complacent, co-operative and grateful caree feel exhausted,...
Hi Victor, It seems to me, and this is only my personal opinion with no expertise, that it all depends on whether your Mum is diagnosed/considered as having mental capacity or not. If she is, then you must protect yourself by making sure you have no links with her finances whatsoever. You do not wan...
Janey, I believe these meals are frozen? Might be a silly suggestion because I don't know where you work, but would it be possible to take one of those 'cool boxes' to work, take delivery and then deliver to dad later? OR if you have a regular day off at home, as previously suggested, delivered to y...
Hi Mia, I can see why that would get on your nerves. I wonder if there's a reason/condition behind it? If you google 'compulsive talking' there's a load of info online and maybe you could find something which you think relates to your Mum. If nothing rings a bell then there are also suggestions of s...
Hi Gloria, Welcome here. So sorry to hear that your husband has had to go into a Home, and with Dementia too which is a horrible thing to witness. Some of us here, like Pet, have endured the journey you are starting and for others, well, it could happen any day. Please try to reach out to people. Pe...
Hi Daniel, What a sad, tragic story. I hope telling it on here has helped you in the way of ‘getting it all off your chest’. Everyone reading will feel for you and admire what you have tried so hard to do for so long. Feeling like someone has died? Something has died –your hope that one day, against...
Hello That's really hard. On both your poor Mum and you, trying your best for her. I expect you have already explored these? Sense is a UK-based charity that provides advice and support for deafblind people. The Sense helpline number is 0300 330 9256 (same number for textphone). Alternatively, you c...
Hi Helen, It’s really got to stop, don’t you think? Look at it from the point of view –if this was an elderly neighbour, no relation, who was demanding all of your time and attention and refusing to make any effort, what would you do about it? ……..Exactly! Just because this lady is your mother doesn...
Hi David, If an elderly person, (thinner skin), spends a lot of time in one position then they are in great danger of developing pressure sores which are very painful and not easily healed. I would think that an air mattress is to help prevent such sores, not just to aid when they have already devel...