[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Vickie, It sounds like you are pretty clued up and have done all the 'basics'. Knowing what you were in for why did you agree to have MIL come live with you? That question is not meant to be critical just wondered whose idea it was? MIL cannot refuse to have carers come into YOUR home. Your husba...
Hi Paul, Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that your Mum may be starting on the downward slide of dementia. I seriously suggest that you ask Citizen's Advice or a knowledgeable solicitor re the position regarding the house, but I do have a hopeful feeling that no-one is going to make your daugh...
Hiya, As I understand it, it shouldn’t be you paying for any care, respite or otherwise, but Mum. If you have received some equipment etc, then presumably Mum has had a needs assessment but have you had a carer’s assessment? That may be a step forward if not. You will always regret it if either of y...
How does dad do with computers? One absorbing hobby is family research, If he can use a keyboard or a mouse. Ancestry. I expect he’s fed up with daytime TV but how about talking books? There are thousands of titles out there. Downloadable to a suitable device. With a lap tray could he do puzzles lik...
Hi Nick, Welcome to the forum. That's a horrific thing to have happened and not only to your son but to you too. Hopefully Chris will be along to give you links to benefit calculators etc, he's the fount of all knowledge when it comes to 'official' information. I'm assuming your son has got a care t...
Hi Ceri and welcome, I haven’t had your experience as my caree was my elderly (practically ancient) Mum. However, just wanted to say welcome and perhaps if you care to explain a bit more about your son – age, problems and so on, there are members here who have fought long and hard as advocates for t...
IS this a teenager, not a 5 year old?
Hi Faye, This is dreadful. How dare this woman extort money from you and you dad and who else is she demanding money from? I understand that you feel betrayed and let down but what you should be feeling is absolutely furious. Stop crying and get mad! What kind of sob story or lies did she tell you i...
Hi Theresa That’s a double dose of hard, both parents with dementia. I would say, do not give up your job. Giving up work is easy enough, getting back into work is a different matter entirely. Instead, while dad is still able to live at home, and you will know from the experience of Mum that it has ...
Hi Steve and welcome, In the main your post is positive and inspiring, Wonderful that you have had such a great relationship with your dad. Encouraging in that you appear to have organised access to available help. Bad that your family couldn’t find a way to contact you in the fortnight you were pho...