Hi Keira, Good move, checking the bank accounts, but not good enough. How would Uncle be able to take out money? Cards? Granddad should cancel them and order new ones to be sent to your address. Ditto cheque books. Too late when it’s gone. Also talk to his bank and tell them of the possibility of th...
Hi Trisha, It’s such a hard time which I, along with many others here, have been through. I empathise. One thing which I remember well was that I had been told, or read, that when someone actually dies then they stop breathing with their chest and their diaphragm/belly area takes over for a short ti...
Hope he enjoyed it!
Have you thought about changing the locks on Granddad's house?
Hi Namesake and welcome. My Mum died in August but 3 years ago now and I still think about her at least once every day. However my Mum was almost (bar 11 days) 100 years old and your Mum was younger than me! That's hard. Give it time and reach out to find new friends and join in anything that appeal...
There are 'single sheet' dispensers which aren't too costly. Would the lady just keep going? At least she couldn't unroll dozens at a time. Perhaps it isn't that she needs to empty the roll, just that she cannot control her pull and thinks once it's unrolled, she has to dispose of it? The only other...
On the occasions when I wasn't there to give Mum her dinner and a carer had to cope, I found a small 'slow cooker' very useful. Healthy food served from the pot onto her plate. Low salt, low fat and pre-prepared by me.
KR
Hi Keira, Against advice or not, it's what you feel you need to do. We will be so pleased for you if it all works out well and wish you all the best. Let us know how it goes because every situation is different and it will be good to hear a contented carer story. IF you ever need any suggestions or ...
Hi Keira Having Granddad live with you is a very big life change. I’m not saying anything bad about granddad or suggesting you are not capable of looking after him BUT however independent he is now, it is inevitable that he will deteriorate so that he needs full time nursing care. That scenario woul...
Hi again, When I started reading your post, I thought, ’goodness, with such beautiful, expressive language, this woman should be an author.’ Then you said you were or want to be? Not sure which? Everyone will be trying to guess which remote island is your heart’s home but DO NOT SAY! I’m going to ch...