[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Dave Basic rules of carer survival are:- get help, find somewhere to unload (like this forum), explore every web site which has info or is a charity dedicated to your wife's condition, check benefits and very importantly organise 'me' time. If you are involving SS in a needs assessment for your l...
Thanks BB and Juggler. She will be self funding.
Elyse have you checked that the Care Home will keep Dad on if his funds drop below the magic number and he is then funded by the council? They may not.

Elaine
Sandie Re the will. I don't think it's illegal to tell someone what a will says but if I were you I wouldn't stir up anything. (Up to you of course). However a will is a will. Whatever your step dad has decreed, that's it. A will can be changed. It's called a 'Variation'. However that's unlikely to ...
Sandie, It sounds like the POA says that some decisions must be made jointly and others can be made severally (on your own). You really should read a copy of, or, the original document, so you can remind yourself what's what. A POA is a legal document and it is very, very clear that attorneys must a...
That's five hours a day, every day of the week Elyse. Are you sure you can keep that up?
Apart from that observation, sorry I don't know the answer. I thought AA went out the window too but thanks for mentioning that as I need to check on it myself.
Elaine
Hi Sandie www.gov.uk/power-of-attorney on the right hand side of this web page is a link which explains how to report an attorney for wrongdoing. It very much depends on how you and your step sister are appointed as attorneys. IF it is not 'jointly and severally' but only 'jointly', then your step s...
Hi Noreen
If you tried to PM me, it didn't work this time. Unless a message comes up saying you have posted successfully it hasn't 'gone'. It might have just previewed.
X
Elaine
Hi Sandie There are 2 types of POA. One for health and one for finance. Are you named on both or just one? Are you and your step sister able to act jointly or severally. If it's jointly then neither of you can make decisions on your own, You must both agree. If it is severally then either of you can...
Hi Noreen I understand the feeling. I frequently cry because it is all too much. It sounds like you have been coping all on your own, without any outside help. My Mum doesn't live with me, but she is only 5 mins away. Jury's out on whether that is good or bad,. Good because I have my own space and t...
Hi Andrea Woah. Slow down and think. Many, many people have that initial, 'Of course I will care for my parent' reaction and plunge into it without really thinking it through. I did. I was still in my 50s when my Dad died. He was a good age, 86, and a few years later my Mum moved near us so that I c...