Hi Tracy,
Brief reply as only got a minute, but this might help. I've not had to do this -yet-but someone else might have been down that road and be able to advise.
http://www.carehome.co.uk/fees/feesadvice.cfm
Elaine
Hi Amy Welcome. Just wanted to add another source of advice to those Steph gave you. Citizens Advice has a web page with a lot of info and they might well be worth a call or visit. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/ Hope yo...
Hi pjrainbow Read your blog. Read your post. Of course you are a carer. A carer is someone who performs tasks for someone that they cannot do themselves, from the shopping to full blown home nursing. Can't help with the hospital situation as I haven't been down that road yet, but re those care compa...
Hi Shewolf, I don't think it will be long. Your Mum has been very much loved and well looked after. Don't feel bad about feeling relief amidst the mourning when the time comes. She has had a long hard struggle and she wants to rest now. Be kind to yourself as you have had a heavy load to carry. Wish...
Hi Karen, You are going through a horrible time and you and your sister love your Mum dearly and want to surround her with that love and keep her safe. But consider this, you have a duty (born of love)to provide the best possible care for your Mum, which isn't necessarily you. Are you really willing...
Hi Michelle, Welcome. There's nothing to feel guilty about. Get the help you are entitled to. As Melly1 said, get those assessments from Social Services and remember if something needs to be paid towards Care for Dad then it doesn't come out of your savings but his. You don't have any responsibility...
Hi Ladybird, Thanks for that. No it doesn't upset me. I've been 'expecting' since she moved near me aged 90. My anxiety is not that she will pass away but that it be a kind passing. I would like to be there because when my Dad died I was travelling in haste down the motorway from Yorkshire to South ...
Hi friends, I need your input please. You might have read my posts which mention my 99yr old Mum? Well, up to some months ago I could confidently tell carers etc. that although her sight was failing rapidly, as was her hearing and her mobility, she was still very clear mentally. Then I reported that...
Hi Darren, Welcome. Hope you're not doing this all alone? Let us know what you have got in place re care etc and we'll point you towards any gap fillers. You must have time out and rest or you will be flat out, which won't help either of you. We all know what it is to be on our knees on frequent occ...
Hi Helena, Food consumption is a very powerful tool when it comes to control. We worry about people we love if they are 'off their food' and good nutrition is drummed into us through the media every day. If I'm upset I can find it difficult to eat. (Doesn't last long as I'm far too fond of my grub)....