[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I remember my 'stocking' was once one of my Mum's nylon stockings, left at the bottom of my bed. (Long before tights were invented).
As a small child I used to find a sixpence in the toe.
What do you remember finding 'Father Christmas' had left you when you were small?
D= Decorations
Dear Alan, My sincere sympathies on your loss. As others have said, it was a passing that we would all aspire to. In our own bed, sleeping peacefully, with a loved one having been with us a short time ago and not far away. No hospitals, no drips or fussing, no pain, no noise or weeping, just peace a...
Hi Jo, One of my family members, by marriage, is a MS sufferer as is the husband of my best friend. Even so I don’t know that much about it. What I do understand is that there are two varieties. One which gets worse progressively and the other in fits and starts. Forgive my simplification. Which ‘va...
Hi Alan, My advice, based on my experience with my Mum who had mobility problems and could no longer get to the bedside commode in the night, is go for the maximum capacity pads. Yes, they are bulky, no. they are not feminine or appealing but do they do the job? Yes they do. The continence nurse ( a...
Hi Ellen, Sorry to hear that you are feeling so worn out and stressed. It’s a very familiar story as so many ‘Carers’ for their elderly parents suffer in the same way, to varying degrees. Been through it myself, including the Vit D problem. When you say you have contacted the relevant authorities, d...
Hi Rose O T I’ve had a hip replacement. They promise that the pain from your hip will go away immediately but he must expect pain from the operation site. It’s not immediate pain free magic. They don’t tell you about the hard 3 months afterwards, although I believe it is very different for different...
Hi Alex, It seems that you have more of a problem on your collective hands than your first post suggested. It appears that both Nan and Aunty are in URGENT need of help. It seems to me that Nan may have been been your aunty’s carer or has kept her by her side all of her life.Maybe aunty had learning...
Hi Alex, 'my aunty' wouldn't like it, it's almost as if she is brainwashed by my aunty. Is there any possibility that it's the other way round? I agree that Granny needs to be properly looked after but has anyone thought that Aunty may be really struggling and finding it very hard to look after her ...
Hello The chances are that Mum will have forgotten her letter and that she has asked you to leave. I hope that's the case. The fact that she has done so when obviously she cannot manage on her own, is most likely a symptom of the dementia rather than her normal self. I wouldn't pack a case and rush ...