[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Thanks Excalibur and Charles. I know most of the info you gave Excalibur but what it does not seem to say is what help we should get ,especially daycare. Home day care would not be suitable here. Being in early age dementia /L/D means unfortunately there are very few, infact havnt come across any...
<t>Thanks for your interest Charles. There is an approx 47 percent chance of a person with Downs getting Alzheimers/Dementia and mostly at an earlier age. It has been diagnosed at 17yrs apparently but the majority are usually over 45yrs old.My daughter was very unlucky that it came at approx 32yrs o...
That is an interesting article Rosemary. It does not mention Learning disabilities but might have included them mentioning the ages of 32. I just wanted to pass comment on something I have already learnt re WORKING AGE DEMENTIA. It does NOT include L/D. Even our Director of Health and social care t...
Thank you for such useful info Rosemary .I do appreciate it. Have already had a number of 'chats' to the Alzheimers Society.They do not have any 'contacts' with a person who has early age Dementia and Learning disabilities,though acknowledged they should! There is a lady from there who phones me ev...
Thank you for that Rosemary. A very useful piece of information.
Dont know what is going to happen today but might start on a very long message I intend to send to anyone I can think of who should be doing something to help a person with L/D and Dementia! Believe me The charities who should be helping like the Alzheimers Society ,Mencap and Downs Association,are...
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to answer me Rosemary. Have used the link you gave ,and it does work, It does include all Dementias too.
Many Thanks.[/b]
<t>Cannot get into that website????<br/> <br/> Does this site (when working) only serve people and carers with ALZHEIMERS or all other types of dementias too? Alzheimers ..the name ..often encompasses all types and it would be a shame if anyone out there with other types of dementia.. thought it did...
<t>What continually seems to be overlooked is that not only are there many elderly people out there who will get (or have already got)a form of dementia,there are also people going into or have early age dementia ..approx from the age of 50yrs.<br/> What is to me ..even worse,people with learning di...
<t>£29,000000 down the drain on cancelled asylum centre.<br/> Yet they cant even give us a fraction increase in CA or restore it to Carers who are pensioners!!<br/> This Government has let us down SO badly and I do hope a march will happen with Carers UK and PRTC supporting it whole heartedly! <b...