[quote="susieq" I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefit...
Best place for all financial/benefits advice is via the main website or by phoning or emailing the advice line staff. Will copy paste details for you in a minute (if my phone doesn't ring yet again!!!). Alternatively the local authority should be able to give you advice re council tax in her particu...
Hi and welcome. :) ;)
Pet........everyone is unique (my mantra!) but I decorated his room for Christmas...mostly sticky festive things on his windows. Tended to say "WE" need to add some festive cheer here. (Like you I never mentioned the words our home or house or our garden... just drifted into his world as if no other...
Board games. :)

Call me Old Fashioned!
Sooner you see manager the better, to put your mind at rest. Dunno if this helps but I have attended staff training sessions (FOC) evacuation and fires etc. I am sure staying behind closed fire doors is initial best course of action and set down procedure in all Care home facilities. Often delays oc...
You have been given good practical advice. You have dealt with a lot in your life. As for Strength?????? Maybe you still have it, maybe you haven't. You don't know. I don't know. Only time will tell. Dementia? I wonder if he/you have started the road to diagnosis or not. I only know that my marriage...
Helicopters. Fell out over the years with just ONE of them. Haven't heard from her since, well, since ya know what. Got a card in post from her ...... bah humbug... I sat and thought about it for awhile then ripped it up and put it in the recycling. ;) :shock: There comes a time when we can make ind...
Listening. Wot else can I say? Apart from I hope you both get a better night. :)
“A test of a people is how it behaves toward the old. It is easy to love children. Even tyrants and dictators make a point of being fond of children. But the affection and care for the old, the incurable, the helpless are the true gold mines of a culture.”
― Abraham Joshua Heschel