Oh for the good old days when GP would call and have a chat with the patient and the family about Life, the Universe and everything. Hope things improve for you both, whatever happens next. She sounds like a very special lady...a generation who have seen so much change. Meds in care home? Probably o...
Thanks Jane for posting this...important subject. Yes, regular med reviews are vital. Good to see this post here. :) So often dementia is suspected when often other causes of "symptoms" are the real culprit. Like Thyroid levels going kaput, or lack of certain vitamins, depression, etc etc. I see you...
Ah, that is hard for you both. Any chance of you BOTH having a chat with his GP? Maybe just maybe the Community Mental Health team via the GP might be able to help a bit? Probably alas, a long waiting period :(. GoP should definitely be made aware about the non compliance with his Meds. (Sorry to na...
I popped in just to add this suggestion for you as i was thinking of you Overnight. Maybe the "juice clinic" is something to do with physical assessments and nutritional advice, food textures etc as Greta has indeed mentioned. So I hope the appointment can soon be arranged. Good luck. (Greta, I am s...
This is most probably my last post on this forum.
HIya, I don't know how long she has been living with a dementia nor do I do know her current state of health apart from the brain disease you mention. So I will not be talking about end of life care. (My late husbands dementia started in 2000 and he survived till 2015'despite other significant healt...
:cry:
Still thinking about you. Ya know wot, it's a good thing the LA ARE taking an interest.....like you I have no idea of precisely what has been said about you but the LA have a duty to investigate, don't they? Trying to help, that's all, hate the thought of you being so anxious. I hope to pop in again...
I understand how and why you feel so stressed. What I do advise is to cooperate fully with the Local Authority, I.e. accept the assessment.....cos it is the only way to prove that life is actually OK for you two...wotever gossip has gone on behind your back, yeah? refusing to cooperate doesn't seem ...
Cynthia, thanks for thinking of the bears !!!,