[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>HI Jane<br/> I am also in a similar position you, but my 81 yr old mum lives with us.<br/> I work and so did my hubby till he got ill 3 yrs ago, and so I am a carer to both of them! I also have 2 young kids, 7 and 11.<br/> I was off work with depression for a few mths, and finally decided to go b...
I think someone did tell me that the government were going to discuss the case this yr but cannot recall when?
Anyone???
Hi there Does anyone know if we are any further forward with the above becoming proper legislation in this country?? I am due to re arrange my hrs soon and wondered if I am able to bring this act into the conversation yet with regards to being a carer to a disabled person( hubby)? Thanks http://dev....
Really interesting reading
Thanks Matt

Li
HI there
Does anyone know whether the law has come into force yet to protect carers under the DDA?? I know that the recent case was successful( Sharon Lawrence I think?) but not if it has actually changed anything as yet?

Thanks

Li x
<t>Hiya leon<br/> Me and my hubby both care for my mum who lives with us and we were entitled to a 25% reduction in the council tax. If my mum had a mental health impairment then she would also be disregarded therefore us having a 50% reduction but she only has mobility probs.<br/> We also get a ban...
<t>My hubby has a condition called spinicerebellar ataxia which causes balance probs, speech and muscle probs, our neurologist believes its hereditory from his father who had a similar condition but not as severe. His MRI showed that his cerebellum has shrunk so it is untreatable and he will get wor...
Hi there Just wanted to say HI- I too work but have a very good employer and have requested a flexible working pattern which will fit around everything at home. Its amazed me how some people at work just dont get it - they have no idea what you have to put up with as a carer and they think there liv...
Thanks for all your replies- its so hard as I do love the house but its an old victorian house so it will be a challenge do get it all adapted but it is detached- we did use the local authority for my mum when we got a grant to pay for her downstairs wet room- we had no idea then that my hubby was g...
<t>HI there<br/> We are looking at the future and Bob will only get worse with his condition and end up totally wheelchair bound. We currently live in a 3 storey town house and are looking at either moving to a bungalow( if we can sell this house and not lose money) or getting an extention done. We ...