[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks so much. This is all extremely valuable information.
My brothers and I will discuss and decide who will inform the social services.
<t>Hi Tracie, <br/> that makes sense. After all he could burn the house down. I think he would also be violent and dangerous, even in his old age, to any carer. He always did resort to his fists. Now he is showing clear signs of dementia, he cannot possibly be coping with anything. <br/> I would be ...
My brother has just said that our father allows nobody to come in and has sent social services away in the past. He reckons nobody can make him do anything. I think if he has dementia, surely they can and in fact must?
Thanks so much for this advice. I will speak to my brothers and do this. It really is best if he goes into hospital or a home as I cannot imagine he is coping at all. I don't hate him any longer actually, I just feel pity for him. Yet I am a responsible person and do not want another human being to ...
<t>Hi, <br/> There's me and my brothers. Mum and dad divorced years ago. Our dad was a nasty, monster of a man. He drank, beat our mum up and made all our lives a misery. He never showed kindness let alone love to any of us. We all grew up and left one by one, all traumatised by his behaviour and ha...
<t>Hi <br/> I always go with my husband to ensure we cover everything necessary. I always jot down the main points beforehand. I read somewhere that you should only aim to cover one condition or one matter per appointment as the doctor has about 10 minutes per patient. We are fortunate recently to h...
<t>Hi Sajehar, <br/> I know how you feel but I react very differently. Today and yesterday have been bad days in that he speaks like 'sh-t to me. I am not a cryer, it takes a lot for me to cry. I get angry instead in myself. I do everything I can to look after that man and I do not appreciate being ...
<t>Hi, <br/> he does not mean it. He always regrets it and apologises. Yet day to day, it is hard to be doing your best and yet being spoken to in a terrible tone of voice and feeling unappreciated. It comes from a place of fear from the person you are caring for, they feel increasingly out of contr...
<t>Hi, <br/> thanks so very much to everyone who has replied, it has helped more than I can say. <br/> All done, we signed a form together at the GP yesterday which gives me total authority to access all my husband's healthcare. I can deal on his behalf as much as required. My husband was in agreeme...
<t>Hi <br/> I must say this is so important. I realised a while ago how important it is for me to eat healthily, otherwise as a carer, I would not last long! So I take great care to prepare good fresh meals on time for myself. I regard it as a priority daily. I also make sure my husband eats really ...