[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Thanks Matt. This will be very helpful to me in taking this forward.<br/> <br/> I note Mr Mc Nulty says "Carers CURRENTLY have access to Jobcentreplus approved training through a range of New Deal programmes."<br/> <br/> Not at my local Jobcentre, they don't. I was granted a New Deal interview af...
<t>I wrote recently about my recent attempts to get an interview with a jobcentreplus adviser (like it says on the directgov website - if you are a carer you can go along to your local jobcentre and ask to speak to an adviser about looking for work etc)<br/> <br/> I have been told again today by my ...
<t>Hello Jess. I am sorry to hear this - I know how difficult it can be. I think you're right to consider you've done all you can to make things right with the mums, and to move on from them. I have done this - same as you, the dads speak, the mums blank me when I say hello. I think it's because I d...
<t>My uncle went into a nursing home which was chosen for him by the local authority. My uncle hated it and stopped eating in the end and so starved to death. I was caring full-time for my caree at the time and had not been in for several weeks as it is some distance away - three bus journies to get...
<t>"I sometimes find the discussion here very downbeat, lots of doom and gloom.." (Excalibur)<br/> <br/> Being positive is commendable, Excalibur. However, many people come to this site at a point where they are at the limit of what they can cope with, and they seek the support of their fellow carer...
My thoughts are with you, Kira. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Love Cherish xxx
<t>Sorry I missed out part of the story. When I arrived at New Deal interview the guy was very apologetic and said he could not help me because his computer said New Deal was only for people on Jobseekers Allowance. The computer said no and I was sent away again! I wonder why he could not just have ...
<t>The Directgov website describes how carers can go into their local jobcentreplus and ask to speak to an adviser about looking for work whilst caring. The website points out that you should say you're a carer because the j/c will understand how carers can lack confidence etc and have special circu...
<t>These are excellent qualities and may be what we might aspire to be like, Excalibur (maybe you already are), but I don't feel the list represents all carers because we are all different. I'm actually not assertive, but am trying to learn to become assertive, to speak up for my caree. Perhaps you ...
<t>Writing to politicians does not seem to be changing a lot of the things that matter to carers. Carers are pretty invisible in society in general. People don't particularly fret about our situation. Would adopting a different approach make any difference? Is there more that can be done? I don't ne...