[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
<t>The response from this MP has really made me think how some people place almost no value on carers. I feel like I've been treated as if I have less value, because I'm a carer.<br/> <br/> Have been feeling down, so decided to write back - just to make me feel less bad<br/> <br/> "Carers Respond To...
<t>My neighbour was cared for by his wife and son for many years. Eventually, the strain took its toll on his wife , she was suffering from acute stress and anxiety. They took the decision to put him into residential care while she was physically fit enough to go around and find a good residential h...
<t>I think you just thought your sister would be there, based on your knowledge that she had been staying there for the past four months<br/> <br/> I think we all naturally assume that other people will act/think in approx the same way we do. It's natural or instinctive for you to act in a certain w...
Yes, I think (and hope) he will not be voted in again.

I am really quite tempted to write back with Annie's (Parsifal's) suggestion.
<t>I realise I am communicating with myself on this!!<br/> <br/> My MP is a bit annoyed with me..<br/> <br/> I wrote back " I am quite shocked to hear you say this is quite common. Have you raised this before, if it so common? Please advise me how you will look into this."<br/> <br/> MP " Yes I have...
<t>hanks Matt. My issue now is that the MP, if he's heard this from other constituents, should have already acted on this and have some info to give me on how he's dealt with previous constituents in the same position. <br/> <br/> He also says "I will look into the matter and see if I can help in an...
Matt, can you please tell me if Carers UK have any stats or info on how 'common' my experience is (ref the MP's quote that it is 'not uncommon')? Thanks. Cherish.
Good idea
<t>I wrote to my MP - Laurence Robertson, Tewkesbury (Con) - about my struggles to even get inside the door of my local jobcentre . Turned away 3 times - no interview with adviser and New Deal guy sent me away etc. All said they don't help carers.<br/> <br/> MP replies "I am sorry you are having thi...
Good thinking, Pixie. No point in relying on MPs or anyone else. Love Cherish