[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Thank you very much for your replies. <br/> <br/> No, I don't have any support. The crisis team don't think they have anything to offer me, and a psychiatrist didn't think hospital would help. They offered me a weekly appointment with an Occupational Therapist, but I'm very good at keeping myself...
<t>I haven't visited the forum for a long time. It's encouraging to see this space for former carers. A really good move. I read about Derek's jury service problem in the Carers UK email and came on the site to comment on that - and was surprised to see this new section.<br/> <br/> As I'm here, I th...
<t>Hi Derek<br/> <br/> Wishing you all the very best with this. I feel they will listen once it's all written down and has the GP's support. <br/> <br/> I would be taking my mum into court, too, if I were still a carer. She would never allow anyone else to care for her.<br/> <br/> I do believe it wi...
Hello.

I have heard that there is a new PTSD support group starting up in Gloucestershire. I can give details to you, if you are interested.

There is a big lack of support for people with PTSD in Gloucestershire within statutory services, so this is badly needed.
<t>When I received my CA award letter in 2006 it stated that you would normally receive class 1 NI contributions while you're on CA and it also said that these may help you build up entitlement to other benefits in the future such as Incapacity Benefit and contributions-based Jobseekers Allowance.<b...
<t>I just wanted to make carers aware of the medical help that I have received, which exists in other parts of the country, but people may not be aware of it.<br/> <br/> There are pschychiatric teams often called 'Crisis Teams' or 'Crisis Resolution teams'. They support people who have attempted sui...
Thank you so much for your kindness and wonderful advice . I am putting up a separate post because I found a means of help I did not know existed, and which may help other carers. (The post is called 'Help is available for suicidal bereaved carers' ). Sending my love to you all. Cherish xxx
<t>I just feel I will never be happy again, and will never be close to anyone again. I feel quite calm - I just don't want to go on. Previously the suicidal feeling came over me suddenly, without warning. But now for the past 24 hours I have the same feeling all the time.<br/> <br/> I phoned a solic...
Thank you so much for your replies. IIt is so kind. I am so sad to hear , susieq, that you lost your mum 2 days after I did. I can relate so much to what you say. I will be thinking of you As you say, one day at a time xx
<t>I have been caring for my mum for the past 6 years, and in the last 2 years I cared for her 24 hours 7 days a week.<br/> <br/> She died on Mother's Day, 18th March.<br/> <br/> Nothing could prepare me for how horrendous grief would be, or how much the loss would hit me.<br/> <br/> Last Friday I f...