<t>Hi Jenny ...<br/> <br/> Thanks for your posting.<br/> <br/> Well, Mum and I are having our first "wheelchair" outing on Wednesday! Our local shopping mall has a ShopMobility centre and I'm going to try and book one. Shops are all on one floor (or accessible via lifts) and with large automatic doo...
<t>Many thanks for all your comments. <br/> <br/> I've had a look on Amazon and the range is truly mind-boggling! Through asking around locally, I've discovered that we have a mobility shop tucked away in our town so that will probably be my first port-of-call just to have a look at what's available...
<t>After a rather traumatic six months (88-year-old mum had a fall, and then backwards and forwards between hospital and rehab), we now have her settled in a very nice residential home just 15 minutes away from us.<br/> <br/> She is now so much better (for which I'm truly thankful) that I would like...
<t>Just a quick update ...<br/> <br/> Spoke to DWP on Friday and they are sending application pack. However, they confirmed that no payments can be made until around Christmas (which is six months after mum's initial admission to hospital, when all the problems began).<br/> <br/> Thanks again to tho...
My apologies if this is not the right place to post this - I have a question about possible medical negligence and would appreciate any comments. To save restating all of mum's medical history, you can read about it on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=22910 We have now had the results of the CT sca...
<t>Apologies for not replying to this thread sooner - we were away over the weekend and things got a bit hectic before we left!<br/> <br/> Many thanks for your replies. Sorry, I should have made it clearer - Mum would be paying her own care home fees and I understand that in this situation she would...
<t>Hi everyone ...<br/> <br/> I've been browsing around the boards for a few days now and have picked up some really useful information!<br/> <br/> Now I have a specific question which I hope someone may be able to help me with. Briefly, the situation is as follows:<br/> <br/> Mum (aged 88) had a fa...