[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I don't post very often, but felt that I needed to reply to you. You have a 90-year-old mum with multiple serious health issues. It doesn't sound as if she would be able to cope at home, even with carers. You have found a "lovely" care home and your mum thinks that the staff are "lovely", they have ...
You should be able to change the text size on your computer. Some guidance here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/accessibility/guides/text_larger/ My mum (in a residential care and one of the original "silver surfers"!) uses a wireless keyboard on her lap tray and her television as her computer screen, hence s...
Thanks very much for your replies - I shall definitely investigate the baby alarm option.

Sharing a room is probably not really on option. As it's a quite "romantic" time (and not just for the bride and groom), I think my husband might have a few objections!

Pennie
I haven't been on this forum for a while because my mother has - luckily - been happily settled in her care home for the past couple of years. However, my daughter is getting married next year and this will involve my mum staying in a hotel for a couple of nights. Obviously, I shall be hoping to get...
This is a very steep learning curve - one that I had to get to grips with when my previously totally independent mother had a fall approximately 12 months ago, which was followed by rehabilitation. Speaking from my own personal experience, mum qualified for 6 weeks free rehabilitation care. During t...
Interesting comment, Brian! Mum (89) moved into a care home about six months ago. I ("just" 61) visit regularly and can't help thinking that this could be me in 15/20 years. But I don't feel old - still have hilarious times with my girlfriends and (although there are now a few aches and pains) still...
Hi Cathy ... As I'm no expert, I was waiting to see if anyone had specific information for you regarding paying for temporary residential care. However, as you haven't had a reply yet I thought it might be good for you to have some general information. The following AgeUK factsheet covers paying for...
<t>Hi Charlie ...<br/> <br/> Welcome!<br/> <br/> Please forgive me if I'm stating the b******* obvious, but just wanted to make a quick comment about the hearing aids.<br/> <br/> My mother was reluctant to wear her aids - said they were difficult to put in, uncomfortable to wear and not doing much g...
<t>Thanks to you both for your replies.<br/> <br/> Unfortunately, the PoA forms are quite clear in stating that the managers/staff/employees of the care home where the applicant lives are NOT allowed to sign.<br/> <br/> Although the forms state that a solicitor is a possibility (unfortunately not te...
<t>I wonder if anyone can offer any advice on the following conundrum?<br/> <br/> Following my mother's move a couple of months ago to a care home, we (my husband and I) are going about setting up a Lasting Power of Attorney - with her complete agreement!<br/> <br/> The problem is regarding finding ...