[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
That's good advice & I wish I could use it. As I've posted before, I don't qualify for CA as I'm over retirement age & my wife doesn't qualify for AA as she's under retirement age, nor would she qualify for ESA since my private pension takes us over the limit which also means we don't qualify for co...
Thanks for that explanation- yes I mean Yesterday on channel 19. The postcode thing indicated I should be able to get 20 channels here- the lower end and I would say I probably pick up more than 20 but the one I would watch the most is the one I can't get. Do you think this may change in the future...
Hello John & welcome to the forum. As Petal will confirm, caring for someone with any type of cognitive impairment is very very difficult, not least because many people, including plenty of so-called professionals, don't, or won't recognise the condition until it's so severe it hits them in the face...
Hi Floyd, In reply to your problem with the forum's pm function a sent message will remain in the outbox until the recipient opens it at which point it will appear in your sentbox. If the recicipient's inbox is full then they won't be able to retrieve your message until they make room by deleting ol...
A couple of years back my husband (with a traumatic brain injury) was moved from Incapacity Benefit to ESA, but put in the work group even though it was obvious to anyone who knew him that he could not work. At the time I was so worn out that I did not think that I had the energy to fight this, but...
Thanks for that Jenna. I also wanted to come back to some of the replies CaravanJ - I know what you mean, or I think I do. There is probably only so much training can address in terms of the issues faced by carers, especially the psychological impact on carers. It's just one of those things you pro...
Hello Petal, I can't say enough how helpful I've found your threads as I can relate 100% to them. Your husband & his plane made me laugh, my wife's logic is wanting to buy things that are discounted i.e. if she spends £100 & gets items worth £150 then in her head she's 'made' £50 & not spent £100. I...
Hello Petal, Apart from the monetary success, you've also succeeded in getting your husband's cognitive problems recognised which is a huge success on it's own. The problem with mild dementia, as opposed to gaga-land dementia (which is the only way I can describe it), is that the person appears norm...
That should be made clear. The onus is on the advertiser to write things clearly, which cannot be misunderstood. The sign is crystal clear, free advice is free advice. Advice does not & never has, meant performing any type of physical work or service in addition to the advice. When I buy a certain ...
If they are advertising "Free" but charging, that's against Advertising Standards I'm sure. Take a photo of the "free" sign and then make a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority. When I complained to them about an advert in Yellow Pages they made a national delivery company change ALL th...