[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Stephanie, Yes, like Petal, my wife was awarded DLA in 2013 & was awarded PIP last month & she still doesn't have a definite diagnosis as such so her DLA & PIP forms were completed on the basis of her health at the time. As Petal has said, with PIP the medical terminolgy is almost irrelevant, ...
It is so helpful to read the replies here and to find so many people who understand and offer advice and support. Thank you so much. I'll just clarify the monitor/pager situation, there is a bed sensor pad so I get a page 15 minutes after she gets out of bed. Unfortunately when she fell out of bed ...
Hi Sandra, what a worry for you. Unfortunately, care workers visiting 4 times a day is usually the maximum that SS will provide for care at home. They will only advise residential care if it is shown that she cannot cope at home with this. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for us, as carers, to s...
Hi Sandra What a difficult situation you are in. Can you perhaps increase your reliance on these carers and take a step back to rec harge your batteries. Perhaps your mum could use continence pads to keep her comfortable while she waits for her carers. Try not to worry over the time of arrival. The...
Hi Petal, what great news. Well done :D My Husbands award was incorrect, there was no doubt about it. We were so stressed with the process after the trauma of my Husbands heart attack and surgery and we were treated abominably by the assessor. Also when they told us to appeal our Son had had a stro...
It is a relief and so nice to receive such a warm welcome when Ive been nothing but anxious and embarressed about my situation being at all worthy of your time. You're all an inspiration and I can only hope to be as helpful and considerate as yourselves towards future newcomers to the site. Hello H...
I'd just ask him why I'm expected to do it for absolutely nothing.
Hello Gemma & welcome to the forum. Yes you most certainly are a carer & in a very challenging caring role. The harsh reality is that your Mum will be spending 100% of her time, energy & thoughts in fighting her addiction & will have little left for anything else including you & your siblings. She'l...
It would be nice to be able to choose whether or not to give up on it as it's not even an option for pensioner carers. :(
Here's a cynical point of view, you are on benefits because you can't work due to being a full time carer. Your benefits are reduced because you receive carers allowance, yet you must care for the person for at least 35 hours a week, the equivalent of full time work. Minimum wage is £6.50 for over ...