[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I've just tried, unsuccessfully, to help someone with a PIP claim, assessment & mandatory reconsideration. They've been on DLA with high rate mobility & middle rate care for 3 years albeit just on the basis of the paper application without an assessment. The outcome of the PIP assessment was that th...
If the rules are the same in NI as in the rest of the UK you could apply for a Motability car if a member of your family was in receipt of DLA / PIP with enhanced rate mobility.
bowlingbun wrote:Simon, as stated, it's for anyone who is housebound who can't get out without the help of someone else.
I'd like to think it was that simple but you can bet that the definition of housebound will be so strict that hardly anybody qualifies.
Hello Gordon,

Can you expand on your concerns about CA (carers allowance).
I've just fitted these to our staircase so that if my wife were to go downstairs in the night they come on automatically as soon as she approaches them. They give a far better light than the plug-in nightlight led lights. They just use 2 AAA batteries & are 'fit & forget' with no switches or setting...
Do you know from the appointment form that it's going to be the same assessor as last time? If so then I'd contact ATOS & ask for a different assessor as you might just have got a bad one on a bad day. It's also worth asking for a home visit. My wife had a DWP visit to make me her appointee & she's ...
Hello Michelle, It's just the same for those of us who've worked hard & paid into private pension schemes to provide for our retirement & then find we'd have been better off buying a new car every 3 years & taking plenty of holidays & saving nothing because then we'd have got Pension Credits + all t...
thanks caravanj will take a look,crikey thats one big read, couple of points are says PIP or DLA should not be used for rent payments, and it does not say claiment can not get more than one award, or you have to apply every year, and bedroom subsidy only applies to social housing, nothing about pri...
Hello Janice, Glad I made you laugh. When my wife first had a Zimmer frame she stood bolt upright which then meant she pulled on it instead of leaning forward onto it. Caring with the depression bit is often harder than the caring with the physical disability bit. I say it's like two rock climbers w...