I phoned the District Nurses dept back in Mold and they are arranging for the Red Cross to collect the bed and mattress on Friday afternoon.
Well said, Anne, I like that. Stew with a hat.
If working for an agency, they're your first point of call or definately the Care Quality Commission, as George says. If self-employed and sourced through an employment agency/private advert etc, then that agency should be approached as well as the publication in which the advert appeared. We employ...
Er, apologies if I've already posted about this, so much going on at the moment, I can't think straight. I am desperate to sell/get rid of/handover the double profiling, rise and fall bed, complete with (or without) mattress. I have tried several organisations (furniture banks, advertisements on-lin...
Yep, I do like a soggy bottom, pastry soaks up all the juice/gravy and flavours. Yum.

By the way, there's a Shropshire Fidget Pie, made of pork and cider and apples and pastry!
There are a couple of definitions of a 'pie', but I'd always believed that a 'pie' consists of a pastry case, with a filling, then covered over with a lid of more pastry. I get driven to distraction when pubs and resteraunts describe eg. Steak and Ale pie, then deliver a steak and ale mixture with j...
Hi Terry, Everyone takes differing amounts of time to come to terms with this. Hubby passed away aged 55 after living 20 years with syringo myelia (spinal cyst from top to bottom) and I was his carer for the last 12. That was 2 and a bit years ago and the first Christmas was spent alone at home, spu...
Hi Shaz, We used to employ live-in assistants and paid £100 for 24 hours. All food/drink/laundry costs for them were paid for by us, although we did get £30 allocated to us for assistants' meals through the council. We employed them privately and they worked on a self-employed basis, so that we didn...
I know it may sound simplistic, but have you tried the Post Office Travel Insurance scheme? They insure specific holidays, or you can buy a whole year's worth of insurance either for UK or abroad. I haven't read all the small print conditions, but worth a try? Forms are readily available at Post Off...
Hi Susie, It's not butterfly. I know what you mean from watching the olympic swimming sessions. I lie on my back, kick my legs like normal and just 'flap' my hands by the side of my legs, with my arms straight down my legs.