Open Christmas wrapped presents carefully and fold or roll up the paper and save for next year. Worried about the creased paper?......iron it with a cool iron with a pillowcase or teatowel over the top of the paper. Wash and keep the tin foil takeaway trays. I find them to be just the right size for...
As you all know, my mum lives in Scotland and I'm wondering what to do with/for her for Christmas. Dad died early October and although he's not lived at home for the past 18 months or so and mum's so used to spending Christmas on her own (or at least going over to his nursing home for Christmas afte...
A Truck & Driver magazine
Packet of Jelly Babies
Keyring depicting shire horses from the Cotebrook Shire Horse Centre
Hi Ladybird, Sorry to hear about your dad. You have to remind yourself of all the good that you did for him, whilst caring. It's going to take some time to realise that you have to care for yourself now and that's a very strange, seemingly not natural feeling. After my husband died 3 years ago and a...
Don't know if this is the right section, but here goes. I have two, red slidesheets, each measuring 68inches in total circumference and 14inches wide. Red, nylon material. Manufactured by Polymorit. They used to be one whole sheet, but I cut it in half, as it was too wide. It is, of course, joined a...
Well I couldn't do it without my goggles and nose clip on. I'm not that brave yet.
Trying to get the most in for my swimming and line dancing, before 10 December, we took friend's son swimming (plus restaurant tea) for his birthday this week. Surprisingly, I swam the entire width of the pool underwater (have been practising my 'face in the water, like a torpedo' technique at Weds ...
Our Friday line dance teacher, has an hour session for Special Needs dancers, before our class starts. She plays the same music as we dance to, it's no different. Who do these support workers think they are? Music is the same for everyone or maybe I should tell my 3 year old granddaughter NOT to sin...
Any chat is good chat when you're a carer (ex or not). It all helps. If you really don't think you have anything to 'chat' about, write a reply to someone else's chat (that's how it works as well) and soon you'll be finding you have more stuff to yap about than you think.
Welcome, anyway.
If you can't manage a long break, would a number of little breaks do? Why not put aside an entire week or even two and go on days out every day (or every other day)instead? Would you be able to manage that or wouldn't you feel you've had a rest doing that?