I don't have much patience with people in shops and department stores these days. I verbalise very indignantly when people step over hubby's feet, with a very loud "Excuse me, can't you walk round?" I hate that, absolutely hate it. One bloke even stepped backwards without a thought and ended up trip...
<t>Conti wipes, rolls of blue paper towels, protective gloves are all available free from the district nurses. Other things like protective cream, KY jelly, enemas etc should be on a repeat prescription. Things like protective bed pads, well we have 3, thick washable ones which are replaced every th...
<t>Well, what a lovely friendly bunch you all are. Thank you for all your comments. The beauty of my duvet on the floor is that in the morning I can just 'concertina' fold it (ready for the next night) so that it doesn't take up much room, as the PA has to shower hubby in the sling each morning, so ...
<t>As lazydaisy says, the plastic bubble wrap type of cushion is a RoHo. Has lots of sections of 'bubbles', which you pump up to a specific hardness, with a little bicycle pump. Ours has four different sections (with numerous bubbles in each), which you can pump up to differing hardnesses. Hubby fin...
<t>Hi Alison,<br/> It's not just about the wheelchair. The cushion is ultra important. A wheelchair could be perfectly fine, but think about what your dad's actually sitting on. You can get cushions via NHS or just buy them online etc. RoHo are pretty good, Jay are the better known ones. It could me...
Hello All, my husband is spinally injured tetraplegic - can't hold anything in his hands, can't feed himself or shave or even cough or sneeze properly. We employ PAs on a 24 hour a day basis, but I have 3 - 4 hours sleep and sleep on the floor in our en-suite bathroom, on top of a duvet EVERY SINGLE...