Hello Karen, Sorry it's taken so long for someone to reply to you. I don't have any information as such (sorry), but my auntie had Parkinsons for over 10 years and she decided to keep busy on her good days and crammed as much into those days as she could, even to the extent of riding her bike down t...
Thanks, Ian. There were a load of answers when I raised the query 3 months ago, I just can't find my thread to it! Still, I find it confusing. I religiously followed my 'diet' sheet for a few weeks after being given it at the time, but right now, I'm not going for 1/2 hour walks every day (as GP sug...
I'll go with Melly's turned up music.
Plus: have a dance to it, who cares what you jiggle at or how you look. It's perfect exercise.
Right then. Before my hospital stint last week, I went for another blood test to check my cholesterol levels which were 5.3, three months ago. They've gone up to 5.8 and GP wants to talk to me about it again (appointment made for early January). Is this really such a high OVERALL score (I know there...
Simon, I would take the assistance whilst it's being offered and given and take yourself out of your usual environment. Even if it is for a short while, get a bit of 'you' time away from things for a while, clear your mind and body and relax everything. And go back 'renewed'. It's NOT a reflection o...
Thanks, Susie. Bruising coming out today, looks good at the top of my leg by my thigh!!!!!! PennyDawg keeps laying alongside my good leg, like she did before, as if she remembers from last year. And she's taken to walking slowly in front of me, instead of running ahead in a 'let's GOOOOOO, Fran' typ...
Helloos all. Had op Thursday late afternoon to remove the pin down my leg and associated plates and screws. Came home yesterday and sooooo sore and painful to move and now swollen. On 2 crutches again even to cross a room, but at least I can walk on two legs which is more than I could last year. And...
The hosp dept came and collected our double rise and fall all singing bed, supplied by NHS. I was under the impression it was going to be cleaned and re-assigned to a married couple who needed a double r&f bed. Instead, the technicians ripped it all to pieces, tore out all the screws and mechanical ...
Hello Ian, Welcome. I received Bereavement Allowance for 12 months after my husband died, was paid directly into my bank.
Great help, thanks friends. I shall put a little present hamper together next week.