Hi Gemstar,
Welcome to the forum. You should be able to get an assessment from social services and get a care package put together for your Nan which would take some of the pressure off your Grandad.
Karen x
Marie,
Glad you had a fab time. Image
Thanks for the info Susie, I was not aware that AA wasn't means tested.
Alex,
The rules STINK. Situations should be assessed on an individual basis. The important factor is that Sarah is getting the care she needs from you(over the "required" 35 hours). Your studying is worked around your caring. Keep fighting.
Take care,
Karen x
<t>Hi Rie,<br/> As a Mother you know your son better than anybody, if you think something is not right then persist until you are satisfied. In this day and age I don't think there is such a thing as being over protective, we all want our children to be as safe and well as they can be. You are a bri...
It's a constant spending circle, mattresses, bedding, towels, clothes, slippers. I'm lucky in the respect my Nan absolutely refuses to let us be out of pocket.
The whole situation stinks. Hope you gave them a good piece of your mind.
Take care,
Karen x
Thanks for the info Pete, I'll mention it to the GP.
Take care,
Karen x
Nan is just on electric and her DD has recently doubled from £35 to £70 per month. Just had my electric bill and it was over £200 for the quarter.
I've never come across this in a surgery. It's not practical.