[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Crocus, we have still have a reduction in seizures thanks to DBS, having said that Lisa still has a seizure most days though. We recently took part in Epilepsy Actions Seize Control Campaign https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/involved/campaigns/seize-control if you clink on our stories you'll read about...
I've also sent you a PM Chickbug86. Hope we can help whenever you need us. If your in the uk we recently took part in Epilepsy Actions Seize Control Campaign, if you go to this link your can read Lisa's story on DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation) On the tool kit tab there's some options on how to get the ...

Hi

<t>Hi Sturdy,<br/> we've had a bad couple of days, Lisa has had very short seizures but they keep occurring, I hope she picks up by Friday as we're off to Bridlington for a few days, it will be a shame if she can't get out.<br/> Hope your hubs picks up soon too, this condition is so disabling at tim...
<t>about the same to be honest during this last few weeks, some very good days, most seizures continue to terminate within 20-30 seconds which is brilliant compaired to recent years. Looking back through her seizure diary she had 3 days where she had a couple of intense seizures but again recovered....
Hi Sturdy sorry to hear about hubby having a difficult time, that drug didn't suit us either, we only stuck at it for a couple of months then weaned off.
Hope he improves next week, things might settle down if not i'd get on the phone to the epilepsy nurse or consultant.
Paul
<t>We found Keppra terrible and Lisa went up to the max of 1500mg twice a day, not good.<br/> It's very unusual for epilepsy to start later in life, you have no idea why?<br/> Watch out for the mood swings with this drug, although it effects everyone differently. Thinking back it also effected Lisa'...
<t>Hi Sturdy,<br/> I know it's hard to talk about SUDEP but as our neurosurgeon said in Lisa's op anyone with uncontrolled epilepsy there's a risk to life.<br/> Has your hubs every considered surgery? can't remember if I've asked you?<br/> Good luck with AED's it sounds like he has difficult to cont...
<t>Thanks Sturdy, as you've seen on Facebook it went really well yesterday. The neurosurgeon is very pleased with how Lisa's language has improved especially word finding. Lisa still has a seizure or two most days but they do seem to be terminating fairly quickly with few "clusters" of seizure activ...
Hi Crocus and Sturdygirl, thanks for the good wishes today. The seizure you saw on TV is a common one for Lisa but she does have many more intense one's aswell. Lisa seizure pattern is certainly changing (for the better) there's no doubt, it doesn't matter to us how many hospital visits it takes if ...