What really infuriates me is the DELAY in actually distributing the food and water to them! IT'S BEEN OVER TWO WEEKS NOW... that's atrocious and unforgivable. Apparently American officials are concerned that the people will bombard them when they give out food .... DER... the longer they leave it th...
Kenneth - sorry to hear of what a turmoil you're going through. I hope to offer you some helpful solutions. First off - are you having your sleep apneao seen to? Have you asked your GP to be referred to a sleep clinic? You really need to deal with this as not having enough sleep affects your whole d...
Hi Staci - it isn't prejudice it's ignorance that makes them reply as they do. It just indicates social conditioning and lack of experience of this condition. Don't let it upset yourself but see it as an opportunity for educating them!
<t>I realise this is a very sensitive and pertinent issue. Is it possible to initially address the topic generally, e.g. "some people like to be told if they don't have much time left. What do you feel about this?" Hope this helps and that you can spend quality time with her, while she is still with...
Thank you so much for your replies.

Indeed my mum has already had a stroke so this information is even more pertinent!
I'd be interested to hear from anyone old who has had shingles. My mum (in her late 80's) is in her 3rd week of this, still with raw skin (from burst blisters) and having to take 8 tablets a day of paracetemol to combat the pain. She is very weak, run down with no appetite. (I keep trying to urge he...
You may know that you can be prescribed medication, over the phone, by a doctor doing an "out of hours" surgery rota. When they phone you back, saying that the medication will be faxed to a chemist please check that the fax will contain the prescribed item s , e.g. if more than one medicine. (The th...
I'd like to pass on what I've found to be effective when having a disagreement/argument. It's easy to get heated, then frustrated when you're no longer listened to. I've learnt to do 3 things that are both caring and effective:- 1. Speak slightly more s-l-o-w-l-y than usual. This tip alone can often...