[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I've since learnt that what my mum had was a STROKE not a TIA - the difference (I'm told) is that a TIA takes place over 24 hours and is not as marked, i.e. the person may not realise that they've even had a mini-stroke/TIA.
1. I know I'm stressed when I raise my voice, get tearful, exasperated. 2. She gets concerned/upset so I try to not show my stress. 3. Not determined by time of day, but by triggering factor/situation. 4. AWARENESS of approaching the triggering situation is key, then more able to stay calm and not ...
Many thanks for taking time out to reply to me. I have since discovered a stroke advice phone line which I phoned today. No hard and fast answers - said it could take 5 - 6 weeks to regain partial memory AND that TIAs are linked with dementia!!! A bit worrying ....
Hallo - if you have any experience on this topic I'd be most grateful to hear of it. (I've scanned the search facility but can find no mention of stroke and memory loss). My mum recently had (another) TIA stroke, i.e. mini stroke (not displaying all the classic stroke symptoms). She is recovering i...
The tastiest fish fillets (using slim, tail fillets) Not so much a recipe, more a cooking style. Assuming you have this with potatoes, e.g. whole new potatoes or cut up old ones:- Find a plate that fits well over the saucepan used to boil the potatoes. Start boiling the potatoes in the usual way (i...
Thanks for your posts - I knew the Lucy In The Sky one but still funny to be reminded of it!
Misheard song lyrics are called MONDEGREENS (in case you want to google it and find more!) Got the song slightly misquoted when I said "I can see clearly now Lorraine has gone" - should be "I can see CLEVELAND now Lorraine has gone" (more funny I think you'll agree)! To "there's a bad moon on the ri...
Have you heard any? I'll start you off with a couple that spring to mind:- Bohemian Rhapsody" "Is this the real life ... or is it just Battersea?" To Paul Young's song that goes " everytime you go away, you take a piece of me with you" - everytime you go away, you take a piece of MEAT with you! " I ...
If at first you don't succeed .... so much for hang-gliding!
" " " " " " - maybe success isn't your style!
" " " " " " - try reading the manual!
I sympathise with you having anxiety and early menopause. I have just come out the other side, i.e. am finally OVER the blasted menopause. It can really change your character - hormonal upheaval. Of course you must know about HRT (but this has side effects/contraindications). I chose to "ride it" na...