[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I know not everyone lives with the person they care for, but I feel so guilty that I don't actually want to be with my Mum 24/7 - I think that's one of the things that is so scary about getting the diagnosis and it seems really selfish but I just don't think I could do it. I have the childcare stuf...
Welcome Sue from another Sue Image

Jump in anywhere and join in the fun Image
<t>Hi Glenda<br/> <br/> Been there and done that ! But you do need to get a formal diagnosis so that your Mum can get treatment and you can get support. So it's probably a case of biting the bullet - but it would probably help if you could meet with the GP before he see's her and explain the problem...
<t>Hi Brian<br/> <br/> Welcome to the forum - lots of us in similar situation to yourself, me included. I'm a few years older than you and my Mum is 85 with dementia and any number of other mobility related issues.<br/> <br/> All members here very good at supporting each other - we can let off steam...
Oh goody - another ranter Image Image Image

welcome to the mad house Gerry
<t>hi Danny<br/> <br/> Know where you're coming from - been there,done that and got the T-shirt to boot so you're not alone.<br/> <br/> I agree with all Bluebird has said - her advice is always good and she's helped me more than once. You could also try keeping a diary - just for you - where you can...
as a good catholic girl I agree with George
and like Bluebird - not much left to give up anyway Image Image Image
<t>We're quite lucky in some respects as my Father left my Mother fairly well provided for - but this has the obvious down side that she now has too much in savings for the State to step in to fund any care she needs and she has to pay for virtually everything. <br/> <br/> We did some figures yester...
Yeah i got one and started reading it but never got around to reading anymore lol Me too JohnT, its my bedtime reading, but I'm always to exhausted to read by the time my head hits the pillow http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_rolleyes.gif I've heard great reports about it though Susieq, so maybe ...
Welcome to the forum Claire Image

To paraphrase the old saying - "you don't have to be mad to post here, but it helps"