[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
welcome to the forum - you sound like one of us already Image Image Image
Welcome to the forum - or Wonderland as it's known to the inmates, 'cos it's a wonder we ain't all bonkers with what we do http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_rolleyes.gif I care for my Mum who has Alzheimer's and a number of mobility problems - if I didn't have this lot to let of steam to I don't k...
Hi Nikki

welcome to the forum - feel free to say what you want.
This is about the friendliest place to be when you are feeling alone with your problems.
Lots of lovely people who know exactly where you are coming from and will support you all the way.

susieq
susieq once the diagnosis is confirmed, do social services and people get involved to offer non-live in care - if it's needed? Or are you basically left to make it up as you go along, if you don't do the 24/7 route. Would you consider a residential place for your mum? Like I said, I know I'm jumpin...
I know not everyone lives with the person they care for, but I feel so guilty that I don't actually want to be with my Mum 24/7 - I think that's one of the things that is so scary about getting the diagnosis and it seems really selfish but I just don't think I could do it. I have the childcare stuf...
Welcome Sue from another Sue Image

Jump in anywhere and join in the fun Image
<t>Hi Glenda<br/> <br/> Been there and done that ! But you do need to get a formal diagnosis so that your Mum can get treatment and you can get support. So it's probably a case of biting the bullet - but it would probably help if you could meet with the GP before he see's her and explain the problem...
<t>Hi Brian<br/> <br/> Welcome to the forum - lots of us in similar situation to yourself, me included. I'm a few years older than you and my Mum is 85 with dementia and any number of other mobility related issues.<br/> <br/> All members here very good at supporting each other - we can let off steam...
Oh goody - another ranter Image Image Image

welcome to the mad house Gerry
<t>hi Danny<br/> <br/> Know where you're coming from - been there,done that and got the T-shirt to boot so you're not alone.<br/> <br/> I agree with all Bluebird has said - her advice is always good and she's helped me more than once. You could also try keeping a diary - just for you - where you can...