SusieQ is what my Mum used to call me as a child - up till now she's the only one been allowed to use it !
<t>Hi Asala01<br/> <br/> welcome to the forum !<br/> <br/> after much searching we found a mattress protector that is padded cotton on one side with waterproof backing - it covers the whole bed. It's also washable (cool temps only or the backing melts !!) doesn't stop the sheets getting wet but prot...
<t>Welcome Biggles<br/> <br/> you've come to the right place - lots of us have been there, done that etc etc.<br/> <br/> It takes time to realise it, but you are not a bad person because you get short tempered or because you want your life back - there is a book called 'The Selfish Pig's Guide to Ca...
Hi Brindleboy I feel for you - I find it hard enough juggling looking after my Mum and leading my own life from a distance of 2 miles http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_exclaim.gif How on earth do you cope from Spain http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_question.gif If you look around on here you'll...
<t>Welcome Natalie<br/> <br/> I can't advise or help, 'cos my problems are the other end of the spectrum i.e. elderly parent with alzheimers ! But a lot of the carers on here are caring for young children with a variety of problems, so I'm sure there will be someone along that you can relate to.<br/...
Hi Catja & Pete did a similar thing on Monday before Christmas - measured my length in the High Street - result cracked and bruised ribs; strained back (again) plus various bruises. Ibuprofen helps to take the edge of it, but otherwise it's just time. What with Rosemary & George doing similar things...
Sleep ? What's that ? Some new fashion fad ?

I've suffered with insomnia most of my adult life (I average 4 -5 hours on a good night) but having to get up to Mum in the middle of the night just as I've probably fallen asleep is one of the most difficult things for me to cope with.
<t>Just sat with Mum watching TV while she slept through all the programmes - no different to any other evening really. Like Bluebird's Mum it didn't really sink in with her that it was New Year anyway.<br/> <br/> Went to bed about 11pm and then up again at 1.30 to re-settle Mum after she had a bad ...
We all need to start looking out for each other like they did in the old days, everyone is vunerable and alot of people are lonely. I agree Bluebird and even more so this time of year with the cold weather and dark nights - when my bro-in-law was a milkman for some of his elderly customers he was o...
<t>have you seen the children's scissors that come with different shape blades ? you can get ones that cut scallops and curves as well as the old fashioned 'pinked' edges. I think you should be able to get them in a hobby or craft shop. And you can also save the decorative 'bits' off the christmas c...