[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
locked for usual reasons
Hello Neil I am sorry to hear about your Mum's passing. Unfortunately we cannot accept any form of advertising on the forum, but I can suggest a couple of things 1) A local charity (hospice maybe) will usually gratefully accept donations of wheelchairs and other equipment. Although most, at the mome...
There are two kinds of Power of Attorney - one covers financial matters and the other is for health and welfare. This Age UK guide is quite informative https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/legal-issues/power-of-attorney/ Basically a person (the "Donor" gives someone else (the "Att...
Old topic locked for usual reasons
The rules on Inheritance Tax and gifts are here

https://www.gov.uk/inheritance-tax/gifts

With regard to gifts to children / grandchildren during his lifetime checkout the section under "Exempted Gifts"
We were in tier 3 and it had been arranged for me to spend Christmas Day with my sister and bro-in-law, just the 3 of us as with my nieces and various other in-laws we would have been 5 households :( (Note: I'm single and live alone) We're now in tier 4 ( :cry: ) I've read the rules and regulations ...
Hello Jennifer I'm sorry to hear of the problems with the child you care for but Carers UK is a charity that was set up to support and advise those caring for relatives and/or friends in an unpaid, non-professional capacity - likewise forum members provide, in the main, peer support to others in sim...
A recent report indicated that vitamin D will be issued free to those at risk - Covid19 attacks our immune system and as vitamin D naturally supports the immune system it makes sense to me to take it as a supplement, especially at this time of year when we don't get enough sunlight for our body to m...
I'd suggest that ideally your Mum needs a referral to your local Falls Clinic or Physiotherapy Department where they would be able to assess her and be able to advise on suitable exercises.