I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits. They will be able to give you confidential advice tailored to your individual circumstances. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, ...
bowlingbun perhaps you could explain on the forum how to get an OT assessment please. I'm sure many new carers wouldn't know how to navigate the system. I'm not sure I do after 5 years. You can get an OT assessment either via your GP, Social Services or by self-referral - the contact details should...
I do know that the state pension can be paid monthly directly into a bank account, but of course this begs the question how will your Mum be able to access her money because of her mobility problems. If not already done you could set up direct debits for all regular utility bills - gas, electric, wa...
thank you to those who reported receiving this private message. The poster and their IP address have been banned. Please delete the private message from your pm inbox. Unfortunately once someone signs up as a member of the Carers UK forum we have no way of policing any private messages that they mig...
Just touching base at the moment. Mum the higher rate of attendance allowance, would it be possible for my stepfather to claim. I do his laundry, collect his medication, cook meals for the 3 of us. He is mobile, but doesn't do much. Thank you short answer is - yes he should apply. (can't guarantee ...
Hi Simon You could try looking in the personal ads columns of "The Lady" magazine - it's always been very popular with people looking for nannying or companion positions but latterly there have been ads for personal assistants/carers as well. I'd also suggest approaching your local Social Services a...
Dear Eric Thank you for posting your request on the forum. In line with our Community Guidelines you need to seek permission from Carers UK to post any research/consultation requests. Research and consultations Because our community is primarily here to facilitate peer support, we do not allow third...
Hello Becky and welcome to the forum :) Have the Doctors been able to give name to your husband's condition yet ? When I was caring for my Mum I found it very helpful when I knew the cause of her problems was Alzheimer's as then I could do some research and find supporting organisations (like the Al...
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits. They will be able to give you confidential advice tailored to your individual circumstances. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, ...
Hi Jack

a few years ago Carers UK launched 'Jointly'
you can check it out here
https://www.jointlyapp.com/#welcome