Just touching base at the moment. Mum the higher rate of attendance allowance, would it be possible for my stepfather to claim. I do his laundry, collect his medication, cook meals for the 3 of us. He is mobile, but doesn't do much. Thank you short answer is - yes he should apply. (can't guarantee ...
Hi Simon You could try looking in the personal ads columns of "The Lady" magazine - it's always been very popular with people looking for nannying or companion positions but latterly there have been ads for personal assistants/carers as well. I'd also suggest approaching your local Social Services a...
Dear Eric Thank you for posting your request on the forum. In line with our Community Guidelines you need to seek permission from Carers UK to post any research/consultation requests. Research and consultations Because our community is primarily here to facilitate peer support, we do not allow third...
Hello Becky and welcome to the forum :) Have the Doctors been able to give name to your husband's condition yet ? When I was caring for my Mum I found it very helpful when I knew the cause of her problems was Alzheimer's as then I could do some research and find supporting organisations (like the Al...
I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits. They will be able to give you confidential advice tailored to your individual circumstances. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, ...
Hi Jack

a few years ago Carers UK launched 'Jointly'
you can check it out here
https://www.jointlyapp.com/#welcome
Hi Tim - that's one very pretty little tabby you have there :D I've never had the pleasure of owning a cat as I'm a dog person first and foremost but I would love a cat- if I ever move one day perhaps I can have both but on a busy road at the moment. There is nothing quite like being owned by a cat ...
Hello Harry thank you for posting on the Carers UK Forum. I regret I have had to temporarily lock your post as you have not sought permission to post your survey request. Please see our Community Guidelines Research and consultations Because our community is primarily here to facilitate peer support...
Hi James, It would be really useful if we could have a page on Carers UK telling Carers what they can and can't claim? I'm currently just on Carers allowance and I'm pretty sure I am missing out. Don't forget 100 heads are better than 1? If you go the main website via the Quick Links tab (top of pa...
So much for the use of averages to paint a picture of care home costs. My neighbour's house has just been sold to pay for her nursing home costs in Bexley, Greater London of over £1200 a week or over £62,000 per annum. Here in Sutton, Greater London the average for self funders is £1500 per week = ...